Robin Hood - Blu-ray Review - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 14 Old 11-08-10, 07:05 AM
Senior Shackster
Kevin

Re: Robin Hood - Blu-Ray Review

Finally watched this the other night, prior to reading this or any other reviews. Honestly I was not expecting that much since I had heard so little about this movie, but my god was this epic! Even though I watched it alone, not only did I laugh out loud a couple of times, half the movie I watched with a stupid grin on my face from enjoying myself so much. Found this comparable to the similarly highly-underrated Kingdom of Heaven (no surprise another Ridley Scott film) in terms of sheer enjoyment. Awesome movie and great review, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 11-08-10, 07:20 AM
Elite Shackster

Quote:
recruit wrote: View Post
Great review Dave I was not too keen on this but after reading your review I think I will give this a rental !
I was expecting a bit of a Gladiator remake, and I guess to a degree it is, but the film was way better than I was expecting. As has been pointed out, its not just another directors portrayal of say PoT, its almost like a prequel to that and it works very well. For 75% of the film I was waiting for the stereo typical RH film to play along, but then I realised this film wasnt heading that way and it made it so much better. Another sign of it being a good film is that its a very quick 2 and a half hours. At the end you really feel like youve just found out something you never knew about RH as portrayed in every film that has gone before, and the animation in the end title credits (I always watch the credits if I really enjoyed the film) is even a sprinkle of sugar on what was a very tasty cake, which actually had me wanting to stick pince of thieves on so I could watch the story continue so to speak. I didnt, because like others have said, I hope RS now does that himself.
post #13 of 14 Old 11-10-10, 09:06 PM
Shackster
moreira85

watching it as we speak.
post #14 of 14 Old 11-10-10, 11:07 PM
Senior Shackster

Great review. Next up in my netflix que!