Tron: Legacy Blu-Ray Review - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 32 Old 04-14-11, 08:55 PM
Elite Shackster

Luther

My System
Re: Tron: Legacy Blu-Ray Review

OK this is now my new "go to" disc to demo my system. The visuals, the music and the LFE create a sound stage that is huge and literally rocks the house. Awesome!

~There are many roads to nirvana, while the ultimate goal is the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 Old 04-14-11, 11:31 PM
Shackster

My System
I just watched the trailer again,....stunning visuals - how to train your dragon looks like demo material,too
post #23 of 32 Old 04-19-11, 09:00 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Best Demo Material to date.
post #24 of 32 Old 04-19-11, 05:55 PM
Elite Shackster

Glen

Amazing! Now I know what all the posts are about as I waited to view this at home, and I was blown away by the visuals and especially audio.
post #25 of 32 Old 04-25-11, 08:23 AM
Senior Shackster
SGA

Watched over the weekend. This is as good as it get WRT PQ and audio. Excellent.

But I give a big thumbs down for the 2.35:1 to 16:9 aspec ratio switching ala Dark Knight. I really don't like this when watching on my 2.35:1 screen. I can either zoom in/out every time the aspect ratio changes (sometimes multiple times within a scene), watch the whole movie at smaller size to accomodate 16:9, or keep zoomed to 2:35 and have picture projecting above and below the screen when it goes to 16:9. Not excited about any of these options.

I wish, in consideration for people with a 2:35 setup, that they would either give you the option to turn off the aspect ratio switching or just present the entire movie in 16:9.

sga2
post #26 of 32 Old 05-13-11, 05:26 PM
Shackster

Considering this movie got the worst reviews ever as a movie, is it still worth it for the effects, picture, and sound?
post #27 of 32 Old 05-13-11, 05:32 PM
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System

"Considering this movie got the worst reviews ever as a movie"

It wasn't a bad movie at all actually and the A/V is absolutely worth the price alone. I found that most of the negative movie reviews were from those that really enjoyed the original, which I personally found to be fairly lame. Of course I was only 10 or 11 at the time.

Regards,
Dale Rasco

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas A. Edison

Dale Rasco and Temple of Boom REDUX

Shiva 12" Build
post #28 of 32 Old 05-13-11, 06:39 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Operajay wrote: View Post
Considering this movie got the worst reviews ever as a movie, is it still worth it for the effects, picture, and sound?
The movie wasn't bad itself, especially if you enjoy amazing visuals combined with visceral sound.

Tron assaults the senses throughout the movie from every speaker/every angle. From the moment Sam enters the grid (including the laser booting him in) through the light cycle battle, and the last 1/2 hour, it is constant, incessant bass and Daft Punk mixes.

Tron is my new favorite demo material because of the constant use of every speaker in your setup to the max. Betters anything out there at reference on my system anyways-if you have bass capable speakers.

Others may have better explosions and spatters of amazing LFE, but this whole movie has it cranked.

If you can pressurize your room with your setup, and can kick the wife out for 2 hours, you won't be unsatisfied.
post #29 of 32 Old 05-14-11, 11:42 AM
Elite Shackster

I dont read reviews any more because to be honest no reviewer seems to have a clue what they are on about. They are obsessed with plots lines and characters and have completely forgot that its actually ok to just watch something for the fun of it and just enjoy the effects and sounds and movie in general.

I watched the original last week with my son in prep for this, and he really enjoyed it. We watched Legacy this morning and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this film in general. The AV is astonishing as no one can deny, and both my son and I really enjoyed the film, especially having watched the first one too.
post #30 of 32 Old 06-21-11, 07:40 PM
Shackster

What a transfer! You hit the nail on the head!