Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Blu-ray Review - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 40 Old 09-19-11, 06:55 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System
Re: Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Blu-Ray Review

Haha..It must be an Aussie term..It means really fantastic!

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

www.dogboardingsa.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 Old 09-20-11, 03:24 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Spot on review and opinion of this set! I happily purchased the complete saga and if they ever release it on blu-ray with the original theatrical versions I will buy that too (yes I am a sucker for anything Star Wars)
post #13 of 40 Old 09-21-11, 12:32 AM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

haha prof, it's definitely Aussie slang

Thanks for the review Dale and Dave. I got my copy yesterday and put the phantom menace in to watch the pod race and was pretty disappointed with the video. I was beginning to worry it was my set up or eyes . I feel much better now I have read your impressions. I'm glad to see I started with the worst so it should only get better!

Cheers,
Simon
post #14 of 40 Old 09-22-11, 04:12 PM
Shackster

Looking forward to watching these wheni get around to buying them. Your reviews make me feel very comfortable with purchasing them.
post #15 of 40 Old 09-23-11, 07:54 AM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Thanks for the review, guys. I think I'm too jaded on Lucas' tampering to actually invest in this set though. I watched some of the prequels on TV recently and found myself (and my wife) gagging at the cheesy love story, the awful dialogue, and just plain angry at a lot of the silliness like flying R2. I will watch them on TV from time to time, and I'll admit I'm curious about the remastered audio, but GL has gotten enough of my money for the DVDs and theatrical re-screenings.

- OJ -
DIY Ported Original Tempest Sub (offline)
DIY SDX10 Sub
DIY Dipolar rear surround
DIY XLR to RCA cables (offline)
DIY 1 to 4 RCA splitter
post #16 of 40 Old 10-09-11, 05:03 PM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

I just watched the first four films, and while the prequels were very good, A new Hope was way, way, WAY too loud. That, added to the fact it is a really old soundtrack made it harsh and largely unsatisfying. The new LFE was nice though, but it was just too loud for me.

That's the first film that have made me want to turn down from reference. Normally reference feels like the proper level for most films. Some are louder than others, but seldom this harsh.
post #17 of 40 Old 01-28-12, 06:27 PM
Shackster
BigJBK

I have enjoyed the Blue Ray of the SAGA. I noticed the detail is almost too good. In episode one during the rescue of the princess the robots seem to float above the floor.
It didn't change my opinion about the movies I still like Empire best. Sound is awesome thoughout the series. That is an improvement.
post #18 of 40 Old 01-30-12, 02:12 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Thanks for the review. I really want to pick up the OT on blu (not interested in the prequels). I had it preordered and everything, but I canceled my order after I heard about the NOO... in ROTJ. I get annoyed with all the little changes that get made every time the series is reissued (I own them on VHS, VHS again with the special editions, and a dvd set that also has the special editions).

I'll probably break down and buy them eventually because I would love to watch them in HD
post #19 of 40 Old 01-30-12, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System

Yeah, the NOOOOOO is pretty stupid. I don't mind the changes/additions that make sense such as adding the scene with Han and Jaba back into the original, but I really wish Georgey Boy would just issue an HD version of the original trilogy untouched save for the clean up work and audio. HAN SHOT FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Dale Rasco

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas A. Edison

Dale Rasco and Temple of Boom REDUX

Shiva 12" Build
post #20 of 40 Old 01-30-12, 02:35 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Ive just started watching my BluRay set, Just finished the second one and so far so good. Its nice to see them in order from start to finish for the first time.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900