Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Blu-Ray Review - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 41 Old 10-05-11, 08:26 PM
Shackster
prof

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to tylerlovely2006
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Blu-Ray Review

great movie and wow the sound is just amazing cant be leave my system could handle all the explosions and such great movie first 7.1 movie i own i think and its sweet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 Old 10-05-11, 09:31 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

By leaps and bounds it is the best sounding Disc of any Format that I have ever heard. I am so impressed with just how clear the dialogue is amidst the cacophony of the destruction of Chicago by mutant Chevrolet Product Placement vessels.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
post #23 of 41 Old 10-06-11, 08:36 AM
Banned!

Haven't gotten my Denon back yet...keep rubbing it in guys.
post #24 of 41 Old 10-07-11, 07:08 AM
Shackster

Just watched this last night was completely blown away by the audio. Its such an awesome feeling when the transformers change for vehicles to autobots and back as you get to hear that wonderful change happening throughout your room. During the movie all i could hear was my wife screaming at me to turn it down. Story line was not as good as the first and maybe on par with the second but the visuals and audio were able to keep me in there.

Pioneer Elite SC-35 * Polk Audio CS-20 Center * Polk Audio RC-85s for FL and FR * Polk Audio RC-80s for RL and RR * PS3 * Xbox 360 * Sony Blu-Ray Player * Nintendo Wii * Directv HD DVR * Samsung TV Link Stick * Apple Ipod
post #25 of 41 Old 10-09-11, 07:35 AM
Senior Shackster

Dwight

This was a blind buy for me. I bought it for the audio and boy did it deliver. Felt like I was in the middle of the action. Video was stunning.
Great review Dave

Mains Goldenear Triton One's
Center Channel- Goldenear Super Centre XL
Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50's
Amps - Bryston 4Bsst2/Emotiva XPA-5
Processor -Onkyo PR-SC5508
Projector - Sony VPL-HW55ES
Screen- Elunevision 140 inch 4K Audio Weave. Aspect ratio 2.35 gain 1.2 fixed screen
Bluray/Universal player-OPPO 105D
post #26 of 41 Old 10-12-11, 02:30 PM
Shackster

Thanks for the review and I must say that I had chills just watching the opening scene of the Paramount stars flying around in surround! Is there a difference in the audio on the DVD vs the Blue-ray? I only ask as I have an older projector that doesn't support HD so the only thing that I don't want to miss is better audio...

Thanks!
post #27 of 41 Old 10-12-11, 03:41 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Quote:
Irishsaab wrote: View Post
I only ask as I have an older projector that doesn't support HD so the only thing that I don't want to miss is better audio...

Thanks!
Yes, for this movie there would be a noticeable difference between the DVD audio and the uncompressed audio on the BluRay

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #28 of 41 Old 10-12-11, 04:38 PM
Shackster

Nice! hope to hear the difference tonight! On the same topic: is there a website that shows the disc info? Since I only rent or borrow movies it would be great to know which version to look for.
post #29 of 41 Old 10-13-11, 04:11 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

While I haven't seen the Blu-Ray version the DVD sounds great! I agree with Dale's 10 star rating of the audio several posts back. There is significant surround activity and the LFE had my pants flapping with my new Submersive HP.

More along Dale's thinking I believe it might be useful to have another level past the current 5 gold star rating for audio. It seems a lot of movies get 4 1/2's and 5's but there should be special 5 Platinum star club (or something) for those movies that go above and beyond like this movie, Tron, Xmen First Class and Thor - basically the demo worthy material flicks.

Btw, I've been really enjoying everyone's reviews lately and appreciate the time you put into these reviews. I think we've had a very good year for movies (at least the action ones!).

Last edited by Infrasonic; 10-14-11 at 11:54 AM.
post #30 of 41 Old 10-22-11, 11:35 AM
Shackster

My System

I totally agree with Infrasonic and what many have reflected, here. The sound is so far above many that have and deserve 4-5 stars. This has to be the best use of 7.1 surround that I have ever heard and hope that others will follow their lead. It certainly made me glad that I have a decent suround system.
I've enjoyed so many of the reviews here and have come to depend on them to find the right movies to watch. So, Thanks!!

Lee J