Safe - Blu-ray Review - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 22 Old 09-07-12, 08:41 AM
Senior Shackster

Wryker

Re: Safe - Blu-ray Review

But when the woman of the house is not home - it's VERY loud in the man cave (I call it "The Movie Theater Experience"). I tell her "You don't tell the theater to turn THEIR speakers down do you?!?!" - of course she doesn't appreciate that question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 09-07-12, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
WRYKER wrote: View Post
But when the woman of the house is not home - it's VERY loud in the man cave (I call it "The Movie Theater Experience"). I tell her "You don't tell the theater to turn THEIR speakers down do you?!?!" - of course she doesn't appreciate that question.
very true, luckily for me I am married to a woman who actually asks me if we can add another subwoofer to the mix (insert me drooling)
post #13 of 22 Old 09-07-12, 09:18 AM
Senior Shackster

Wryker

Quote:
Mike Edwards wrote: View Post
very true, luckily for me I am married to a woman who actually asks me if we can add another subwoofer to the mix (insert me drooling)
Are you 'open' to 'sharing' her?!!!
post #14 of 22 Old 09-07-12, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Are you 'open' to 'sharing' her?!!!
LOL, I'd have to ask but if you have kittens of puppies you've got an assured in

EDIT: she looked over my shoulder while writing this and said she's MORE than willing to come over and announce "I give you permission to get another sub!!" lol

Last edited by Mike Edwards; 09-07-12 at 10:03 AM.
post #15 of 22 Old 09-07-12, 10:12 AM
Senior Shackster

Wryker

Well we have 8 doggies! 6 are chihuahua's and one is a doxie and the other is a doxie/jack russell mix so they are all cute!! (one of the chi's and the 'mix' are ones we're fostering - VERY cramped full-size bed we sleep in at night!)

Just read your edit: OK send her over but make sure she convince my lady!!
post #16 of 22 Old 09-07-12, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Well we have 8 doggies! 6 are chihuahua's and one is a doxie and the other is a doxie/jack russell mix so they are all cute!! (one of the chi's and the 'mix' are ones we're fostering - VERY cramped full-size bed we sleep in at night!)
wow, and I thought we were nuts with 6 cats. I DO understand the cramped bed at night though lol
post #17 of 22 Old 09-07-12, 10:25 AM
Senior Shackster

Wryker

MEOW! We love cats too - we had two but they passed away and our hands are full with these doggies.
post #18 of 22 Old 09-07-12, 07:43 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

good review i had planned to get it anyway.so its defo on the list next time im out.
post #19 of 22 Old 09-20-12, 11:47 PM
bill

I have not been watching Statham as long as you, but I have never seen him in a movie that I was not impressed with. That being said, I had to throw safe in my Blockbuster at Home queue. The plot seemed more like three plots all smashed into one. One of the guys that works at DISH with me said he didnít even finish the movie. I did not have the same problem. I watch Statham for the fighting and that is exactly what he brought to the table. And I would even go so far as to say that this was the best action fighting movie (plot excluded) that I have seen him in. There were no extra fees for me to rent it in blu-ray, which is awesome because HD is the only way anyone should watch Statham kick butt.
post #20 of 22 Old 09-24-12, 11:40 AM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Nice review, Mike. I just gave this one a spin. I enjoyed it. As in most of his movies, Statham portrays a very confident and cool master of chaos. The audio - especially in the gun battle scenes and the car chases - was spectacular. And the dialog, especially Staham's, were thick and soupy.

The PQ on my JVC RS45 was okay. I was curious to re-read your review after watching the film because I thought the picture looked overly dark and grainy at times... looks like you had a similar impression. It actually had me check the settings on my projector to make sure they hadn't been accidentally changed! I'm sure this film darkens even more on a PJ...

Anyhow, if you enjoy action films - especially movies like Driver, then this one will probably be up your alley and worth a watch!