The Avengers - Blu-ray Review - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 85 Old 09-30-12, 09:53 AM
Senior Shackster

I will be ordering this movie this week. Couldn't believe how good this movies was when I saw it in theaters! Can't wait to get and see it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 85 Old 09-30-12, 10:11 AM
Senior Shackster

Dwight

Re: The Avengers - Blu-ray Review

Watched this movie last night. Had a movie night at our place. Awesome movie. Both audio and video were stellar. Everyone thoroughly enjoy it. My 1.78:1 screen really enjoyed it as well

Mains Goldenear Triton One's
Center Channel- Goldenear Super Centre XL
Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50's
Amps - Bryston 4Bsst2/Emotiva XPA-5
Processor -Onkyo PR-SC5508
Projector - Sony VPL-HW55ES
Screen- Elunevision 140 inch 4K Audio Weave. Aspect ratio 2.35 gain 1.2 fixed screen
Bluray/Universal player-OPPO 105D
post #33 of 85 Old 09-30-12, 10:22 AM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
I also loved this movie. Amazing audio/video with serious LFE throughout. My sub was working for its money on this one. Not only was the story outstanding but I also found it very funny at times. "Puny God" line had me rolling.
post #34 of 85 Old 09-30-12, 11:12 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

I enjoyed the out of this film as well. It had everything that makes a home theater work.
I do have to wonder however, if we can ever have a film where the bad guys dont kick our earthling butts for the first 3\4 of the movie ? I suppose its ok to come from behind and defeat the icky bad dudes, but I am not sure how many more attacks New York can take.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #35 of 85 Old 09-30-12, 04:41 PM
Shackster

Hi Thank you nice review i ordered this on Friday looking forward to it even more now.
post #36 of 85 Old 09-30-12, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
I enjoyed the out of this film as well. It had everything that makes a home theater work.
I do have to wonder however, if we can ever have a film where the bad guys dont kick our earthling butts for the first 3\4 of the movie ? I suppose its ok to come from behind and defeat the icky bad dudes, but I am not sure how many more attacks New York can take.
LOL, I actually commented on that while watching it last time. with all the damage cause we'd bankrupt our nation 10 times over just repairing the collateral damage from the battles
post #37 of 85 Old 10-01-12, 09:13 PM
Shackster

The review is spot on!
post #38 of 85 Old 10-02-12, 10:59 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Picked up the movie this past saturday in costco. Haven't had time to watch it yet (I did see it in theaters of course). Maybe I can watch it after work today. Thanks for the review
post #39 of 85 Old 10-02-12, 12:52 PM
Senior Shackster

I was a bit disappointed in The Avengers the first time I saw it, but after going back and watching Iron Man 1 & 2, Captain America, and Thor once again, then re-watching The Avengers, it was far better than it was the first time around for me.

oz
post #40 of 85 Old 10-02-12, 01:53 PM
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System

I didn't even see this in the theater, sadly. My first watch was in our neighbor's backyard with a whole bunch of the neighborhood on a sheet held up by a couple poles with a horrible projector and computer speakers for sound. I loved it. Definitely going to have to watch it with a little better quality setup though...