The Avengers - Blu-ray Review - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #71 of 85 Old 10-24-12, 08:37 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System
Re: The Avengers - Blu-ray Review

I admit to being kind of new this this forum, or at least have not posted too often but I had hopes that this would become a discussion and not a my way or the highway kind of discussion. I think the differences we all experience are just that, an experience. In reality it is impossible to determine how much bass a movie such as this should have. How does one measure a battle between Thor, Iron Man and Captain America ? Can anyone of us point to the last time we actually heard or felt Thor's hammer fall ? With that in mind how can anyone quantify what should or should not be in comparison to...well anything ? Spaceships exiting the ground is close but no cigar, although I understand that some space ships have been said to look like a cigar.
This is all relative to what we WANT to hear, not what we actually know has been placed onto the soundtrack, even every theater in we attend will be different from other theaters. So this becomes a preference that is, frankly, easily remedied, turn up your bottom end if you want more.

I guess these types of discussions do often go into the one is right and one is wrong more often than not, similar to discussing who is the better superhero.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 85 Old 10-24-12, 09:12 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Well said Jack.

I hope you post here more often as you are wayyyyyyy more mentally balanced than my-self You really do have a good way of putting things in perspective and I appreciate that. Thank you
post #73 of 85 Old 10-24-12, 09:19 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

I hear you Jack.

Although turning up the bottom end does not change the frequencies that are being played.

It's like a cheeseburger - 1,000 McDonald's cheeseburgers do not compare to one In-N-Out burger
post #74 of 85 Old 10-25-12, 08:16 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Wow Thank You Gents, I appreciate the kind words.
I will continue to post yes, the one thing I keep in mind is the difference in the way things get discussed today as when I started to fall into this hobby a few zillion decades ago. Then we met, chatted in a group and by being face to face, the chat seemed more subdued. On line we get a bit more pouncy if that's a word and that kind of ruins a good chat. But it is what it is and one moves on to the next subject or post.

I think most peoples replies are quite valid although some are made by folks that really have perceptions in another dimension. None the less, for me it is ALWAYS a learning experience.

Onward and upward eh gents ??

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #75 of 85 Old 10-25-12, 08:18 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Infrasonic wrote: View Post
I hear you Jack.

Although turning up the bottom end does not change the frequencies that are being played.

It's like a cheeseburger - 1,000 McDonald's cheeseburgers do not compare to one In-N-Out burger
Well here is a good lesson, I have never been to an In-N-Out burger franchise. I think the last pretty good place I went to was Five Guys and yep, agreed McD just does not score well in those contests.

Good Listening

Jack

post #76 of 85 Old 10-26-12, 11:08 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

I have been looking around to see what movies I need to buy... obviously this is one of those. Thanks for the review Mike... nice job of selling me on it.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #77 of 85 Old 11-18-12, 09:56 AM
Shackster

My System

I found the CGI in a few of the scenes to stick out in a bad way. Stark tower (and various other buildings in NY) for example looked fake in a few scenes. I'm not a big superhero movie fan, but I did enjoy the movie. Overall, I think it was pretty good.
post #78 of 85 Old 11-18-12, 08:48 PM
Senior Shackster
Glenn

My System

I have a question concerning the Hulk's rage.
The first 3/4 of this movie stresses how out of control the Hulk is. He will smash anything in it's path, friend or foe. They even show this the first time the Hulk appears and goes after the Black Widow.
During the final battle, the Hulk's attitude/personality changed dramatically. He is now controllable, working with his new friends, protecting his new friends, and only battling the bad guys.
What made the change? Or were we not supposed to notice this change?
post #79 of 85 Old 11-18-12, 08:55 PM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
gdstupak wrote: View Post
The first 3/4 of this movie stresses how out of control the Hulk is. He will smash anything in it's path, friend or foe. They even show this the first time the Hulk appears and goes after the Black Widow.
During the final battle, the Hulk's attitude/personality changed dramatically. He is now controllable, working with his new friends, protecting his new friends, and only battling the bad guys.
I would imagine that we weren't supposed to notice that change.
post #80 of 85 Old 11-18-12, 09:23 PM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
gdstupak wrote: View Post
He crash landed in a Zoloft factory?