Now You See Me - Blu-ray Review - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 18 Old 09-03-13, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System
Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
You sold this movie WAY short in my opinion. I loved it and had no idea how it was going to end. I absolutely love these kind of movies with the ultimate twist at the end. Very glad I bought this one. Awesome audio by the way!
Agree on the ending. I had nooooo clue which way it was gonna end and I can usually call these
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 09-03-13, 08:02 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Thanks for the review. I've been looking forward to this I seen a lot of previews just before and during the start of the films run. I have a coworker into magic and I like to bust his tricks when I can. I will buy this used on blu.
post #13 of 18 Old 09-05-13, 09:42 PM
Senior Shackster
Mark Anderson

Re: Now You See Me - Blu-ray Review

Thought it was lame. Started out Ok, but deteriorated rapidly after first hour. Wish I'd rented rather than bought
post #14 of 18 Old 09-05-13, 10:38 PM
Senior Shackster

Thanks much for the review Mike. The wife and I just watched it this evening and thought the story was good. I especially liked the twist at the end.
post #15 of 18 Old 09-06-13, 02:43 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Good review Mike, I watched it last night and while I enjoyed the sound and visuals I was rather disappointed with the movie. They had a lot of great actors but as I think you mentioned it seemed like they were sleep walking through it, probably because they knew how lackluster the final product was going to be.

I would strongly recommend a rental for the first viewing of this one.
post #16 of 18 Old 09-08-13, 11:32 PM
Senior Shackster
Sean

My System

I'll have to respectfully disagree with the positive reviews on this one. I actually found it to be predictable with some questionable writing. For example the relationship between the detective and the Interpol agent? ... Although I did follow it through to the end to see what their next " Trick " would be, overall I found it just too cheesy. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by seanpatrick; 09-08-13 at 11:46 PM.
post #17 of 18 Old 09-09-13, 06:56 AM
Senior Shackster
Mark Anderson

Quote:
seanpatrick wrote: View Post
I'll have to respectfully disagree with the positive reviews on this one. I actually found it to be predictable with some questionable writing. For example the relationship between the detective and the Interpol agent? ... Although I did follow it through to the end to see what their next " Trick " would be, overall I found it just too cheesy. Just my 2 cents
Couldn't agree more
post #18 of 18 Old 09-21-13, 12:57 AM
Elite Shackster

Jon

My System

My wife and I just finished watching this one. I enjoyed it very thoroughly from beginning to end, but I will say that there is just too much to try to remember. What makes a good movie is being able to properly implement all the important ties and allow the audience to remember it; neither my wife or I were able to remember everything necessary at the reveal because of the amount expected to remember.

We had to actually rewind to a couple of parts within the film just to figure out what certain pieces how they fit in. Both my wife and I are usually very good at catching intricacies in movies like this, but neither one of us could do that with this movie and I'm just going to have to chalk it up to sensory/information overload.

Still, as I said, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The illusions and tricks were fun, the actors were entertaining, and the film was quite engaging. Despite the problems with the film itself, I would watch it again.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx