Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Magnavox 51MP6200D/37 Projection TV Need Convergence service mode code 062597 doesnt work ! Help

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BruZZi 
#1 · (Edited)
THIS IS A PROJECTION TV Hello thanks for taking the time to read this !
Well i cant seem to get into the service convergence using code 062597 menu or select .
I can get into service modeusing 062596 select rec but i see nothing there for convergence !
Am i missing something ?
I say this because i just repaired a 60 in Philips last week useing 062597 with no problem
came out very nice ! Anyway I have done all user adj convergence bottom left edge is a little off
Meaning Green and red X area little bowed want to reset green. before i replace STK,rist.or pico as they all look good and are not getting hot .Also tv was moved from las vegas to meridian id in a moving
Truck. This was not my doing as this was givin to me for free via classifieds ! The unit is only 2.5yrs
old and is worth adj and selling ! cheap ! I have looked everywhere on internet to no evail.
Also on boards for a service switch like hitachi but found none. Thanks Again Darren

#2 ·
Re: Magnavox 51MP6200D/37 Projection TV Need Convergence service mode code 062597 doesnt work ! Hel

Your thread was moved to the appropriate forum to maintain forum organization and to make information easier for others to find.

I do not recognize that model number. It sometimes helps to have the chassis number with Philips to reference information. I would have to get a manual to answer your question about convergence adjustment at the service level.

In general, the geometry and convergence on Philips RPTV is rather poor. Don't expect too much. You may chase your tail trying to improve it significantly.

#3 ·
Re: Magnavox 51MP6200D/37 Projection TV Need Convergence service mode code 062597 doesnt work ! Hel

thank you for the quick response sorry for posting in the wrong place
but it seems it may have gotten to the right person . the chassis is EBJ1.OURA or EBJ1.0 URA

Thanks Again

#4 ·

You need to try to find a service manual for that one. I am not specifically familiar with that chassis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.