Seeking for help, - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 34 Old 02-18-15, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Re: Seeking for help,

Okay,

Complete plan overhaul. sinds it took too long for the sundown e8v4 to arrive, i desiced to cancel the order and order a sundown sa10, that one did arrive pretty quickly. So new sub means new box design. The box i designed is around 28l (1cf). tuned to 26Hz, seen in the pictures of winisd, there is a 1db dip around 60 and 30 Hz which i am fine with. I did go for 2 100mm (4inch) aeroports sinds 1 aeroport almost tips the 29m/s mark of portspeed. ports are eacht 2400mm longs (94,5 inch) which is pretty long for my taste, but I solved it by make a couple of bends in it. The sub will be driven by a 400w amp so the excursion might be a little low.

Let me know what you guys think,

ps. also you can see a comparison between my old earthquake sws 8 inch sub on top of the sundown sa10

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking for help,-img_2386.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2368.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2356.jpg  

Seeking for help,-3.png  

Seeking for help,-2.png  

Seeking for help,-1.png  

Seeking for help,-6.jpg  

Seeking for help,-5.jpg  

Seeking for help,-4.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 03-01-15, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

so finally finished my box, here are some pictures of the build. Sinds working with wood isnt my strongest point, dont expect any fancy stuff. But I am still satisfied with the result. The sub plays really good and is going lower than I thought. I still experience some flexing doors and wardrobe door flex at 20hz and even below, even things are ratteling at 10 hz in my room. So that contains it for this threat. This is the first thing i shared on this forum, and i must say, it is a very cool forum with alot of awesome people here with awesome system.I thank everyone for helping me and giving me advise. I really appriciate it.

Does anyone now some movies with some awsome LFE stuff in it, like explosions or other cool scenes? That way i can do some more testing here

Thank you,
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking for help,-img_2498.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2501.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2502.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2503.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2511.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2514.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2538.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2539.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2540.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2541.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2543.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2544.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2591.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2593.jpg  

Seeking for help,-img_2606.jpg  

post #33 of 34 Old 02-29-16, 11:16 AM
Shackster

Toffkanda

Hello Abdullah,
I know it's been a long since you finished your sub. By now you must have tested it extensively. I should like to know, at what frequency did you cross it over and what order of crossover? I'm asking because it is conventionally believed that ports longer than about 50 inches bring in an unwanted resonance whose frequency will fall within audible Subwoofer range and cause a monotone distortion. Have you at any time heard any unusual noise around a particular frequency point or range? I ask because you said you used 94.5 inch ports, I only want to find out if some of these long held beliefs about ports apply in every case and if not, what are the exceptions? Do 180degree turns affect this rule? Do port bracings affect it? What maximum length of straight round port can one risk? Do slot ports tolerate longer port lengths than resonance predicts? I would like to know from you or anyone else who has had the experience.

No man, however humble is prepared to apologize for his existence on this planet.

post #34 of 34 Old 07-17-16, 01:23 AM
Shackster

what is the size of the room?