Mach5 XMASS-18 sonosub calc - Page 17 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #161 of 349 Old 09-28-14, 11:15 PM
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System
Re: Mach5 XMASS-18 sonosub calc

Not a problem. Again the versatility is your friend. With MiniDSP one output can drive up to four subs with separate room corrections with each. For that application you would use a 4-way advanced plugin. That plugin only uses one of the inputs but internally splits it to drive 4 outputs each with separate output curves. It's designed for active 4-way speakers but many have used them for multiple sub application.

You're good with the 2.1 advanced, the stereo advanced, the 3-way advanced, or the 4-way advanced. But for a two sub setup I'd say the the stereo advanced would be best as it affords you more options. With the balanced version you don't even need a Y-adapter since the "Y"ing would be done on the input terminals of the DSP.

Relax, James. You're OK.

7.1 System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Center - Infinity Video 1
Surrounds -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

Content source - WDTV Live Hub Media Server

Last edited by GCG; 09-28-14 at 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 349 Old 09-28-14, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

James

Awesome but sent email asking for advanced stereo instead
I will let u know.
Also hopefully finish first sub by Tuesday or Wednesday latest.
I can't wait 😂

James Taylor a.k.a. (Nute)
post #163 of 349 Old 09-29-14, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

James

Minidsp Tech answer
Tech support team replied:
James,

The 2.1 advanced and 2way advanced are actually exactly the same… The 2.1 advanced just has the option to “add” the sum, but just run it as stereo and you’ll be all set (there is a button on the settings page allowing you to run the device as Stereo (i.e. no summing). No need to change.. :-)

Have a trial and keep us updated if you have any questions.

Best Regards

post #164 of 349 Old 09-29-14, 09:19 AM
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

That's cool - learned something new.

You might want to spend a little of your spare time getting ready with the software end of things. You say you've downloaded WBCD. Good. When you get a chance open it (enable macros when it asks) and immediately save it as a name for this sub project. Then click on the square button at the extreme upper right. That'll get you set to start.

First you have to define the woofer since it isn't in the database.
Open the web page for the driver. http://www.istonline.ca/xmass-18.html Then get the data sheet for the woofer if one came with it. The values should match if it did. If not, let me know immediately.

Your're going to name your woofer and enter these values into WBCD to define your woofer. Refer to the attached screenshot.
  1. In the box next to "Or Enter Woofer Name:" - enter the name of the woofer.
  2. Skip the next box for now and move down to the Woofer Parameters panel.
  3. For each of the parameters in the green boxes enter the values for the Woofer specifications. Ignore Le and Series R.
  4. Double check the name and the values and when you're sure they are correct click on the "Save Woofer to Database" button [upper right]. You should get a responce telling you the woofer was saved.
  5. To verify click on the pulldown button in the cell next to "Select Woofer from Database". Find the Woofer name you entered and click on it.

Now you need to tell the program what kind of driver layout you have. Look at the area "Driver Configuration". There are two arrow buttons. Click on them a few times and explore the possibilities. When you're done click them till you see Single Woofer in the cell. Click on "Load Selected Configuration".

Last thing to do now is to clik on the "Box Mode: ***" button until "SEALED" is shown.

Let me know when you're there and we'll move on.
Attached Thumbnails
Mach5 XMASS-18 sonosub calc-james-sub-sealed-2014-09-29_08-10-35.jpg  

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #165 of 349 Old 09-29-14, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

James

Sorry dumb question which program is WBCD
post #166 of 349 Old 09-29-14, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

James

WBCD woofer box circuit designer lol
sorry did some investigating yes I have it going to do this now
Thanks Patrick
post #167 of 349 Old 09-29-14, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

James

Ok Patrick I have this completed
post #168 of 349 Old 09-29-14, 09:01 PM
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System
James
I'll need to get back to you. I'm tied up now.

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #169 of 349 Old 09-29-14, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

James

Tomorrow is good bud np I am very tired tonight
By the way my numbers not the exact same we talk about it tomorrow

Thanks again Patrick

post #170 of 349 Old 09-30-14, 07:27 AM
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

Quote:
nuten wrote: View Post
By the way my numbers not the exact same we talk about it tomorrow
Let me know how they are different. Be specific.

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)