Favorite EQ plug? - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 49 Old 10-10-14, 06:12 PM
Shackster

Re: Favorite EQ plug?

Fab Filter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 Old 11-06-14, 06:45 PM

My System

mainly Flux Epure II or Waves Q4 for corrections.
To add some color and character I love to use API 550B, Waves V-EQ3, Tube-Tech PE 1C and SSL EQ
post #43 of 49 Old 12-01-14, 07:30 PM

Been getting some very good results from the UltraChannel {was free up until july 2014 , from eventide} on my final stereo mix downs before mastering down . Also , like the iZotope {EQ} Ozone 4 ... GOOD THREAD !!!

post #44 of 49 Old 12-01-14, 08:41 PM
Shackster

ReaEQ is my main choice.

I love the ability to add as many bands as you want. Very intuitive to use and easy to manipulate IMO.
post #45 of 49 Old 12-02-14, 04:19 AM
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Gotta agree on ReaEQ. It is nothing fancy, but it works works works. Always the first one I turn to.
post #46 of 49 Old 02-28-15, 03:32 PM
Shackster

My System

I love the Logic Pro's Channel EQ. I also used the Maag EQ from PluginAlliance.
post #47 of 49 Old 03-02-15, 08:39 AM
Shackster

Quote:
immortalgropher wrote: View Post
A lot of people are talking about making different EQs null against others lately, but I find that really pointless. EQs are all programmed different and just because they can null doesn't
mean there's not a different sound between them.
Huh? You find it pointless because you are looking at the issue backwards and apparently do not understand what a null test is. When one sums a channel with an identical channel which is phase inverted, the result is the difference between the two channels. If the result is complete phase cancellation (null) then by definition there is no difference. This is in fact the whole point of a null test, regardless of programming or any other potential variables, if the result is null then there is indisputably no difference in sound.

The tests carried out proved that with the same settings, the various EQ plugins tested nulled and therefore there were no sonic differences between them. However, if design features, such as the gui for example, means that you apply different EQ settings using one EQ plugin than you would with another EQ plugin, then of course there would be a difference and the results would not null. Obviously though, this difference is down to your application of the EQ rather than any sonic difference between the EQ plugins themselves (assuming with the same settings that they null).

Personally I use DMG Audio's EQ most of the time, not because it inherently sounds any better or different to the built-in EQIII but because it provides more functionality (more bands of EQ and more flexibility).

G
post #48 of 49 Old 03-18-15, 04:43 PM
Shackster

Firium and waves parametric ten band - and the steinberg multiband compressor
post #49 of 49 Old 08-22-16, 07:06 PM
Shackster
Eric LeClair

Waves definitely has some good stuff but Fab Filter is pretty solid. I would say both. Waves for home audio and Fab Filter for production.