Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

HDLP50W151 light engine.

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
I have an RCA HDLP50W151 that needs a light engine.. Is it something that I can repair? Or do I need to buy one? Anyone have any experience with these?

Where can I get the parts and or light engine its self.

Thanks
Phil

#2 ·
What is wrong with the light engine. You need to give more information if you want people to be helpful.

Most light engine parts for these sets have never been available, other than the color wheel. The places to start are the RCA parts distributors.

#3 ·
My bad.. I don't actually Have the tv. A guy is giving it away. He says its needs light engine. There for im not exactly sure whats wrong with it. Ill probably pick it up just to play around with it.

From what I've seen they seem to go for $700 or so didn't know if they were repairable or how common the parts were for a DIYer.

Thanks
Phil

#4 ·
DIYer or not, ther are not many light engine parts available for these.
Be skeptical of what other people say is wrong with a set unless you have the details of a professional diagnosis.

#5 ·
Picked it up. He said he called a hotline and described the problem and they told him it was probably the light engine..

He took the lamp out and I don't have it I know that much.

When the Light engine goes bad what usually goes bad? does it not spin? Because I can hear it spin and see it spin... Is there any diagnostics I can do with out the lamp? Sorry for all the questions

#6 ·
The light engine is a lot of stuff. The color wheel is the only thing that I know of that is serviced in the field in RCA light engines since there are no parts. Color wheels fail in lots of ways. Noise, breakage, streaks in the pix, no start, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.