Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

In-wall Install (speaker, HDMI, electrical)

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Home Theater Guy 
#1 ·
Do I need to be concern is with electrical or other type of interf. when running bundled speaker, HDMI and electrical wiring????

My HDTV will be above the fireplace and I need to run HDMI and electrical on the same run...any prob there?

I also have to run speaker wires but I think that is not normally a problem....but I'm not 100% sure.

#4 ·
Also be sure you observe your local building codes and use cables that are rated for "in wall" installation. Otherwise you could end up with an insurance issue should there ever be a problem such as fire in your home.

#7 ·
It's usually better to run one video cable to the display and let your AV receiver handle the switching. Definitely run at least one cat-5 so you can run an IR remote control signal to the display either now or in the future.

When in doubt, you can run a conduit to the back of the TV, that way you always have an upgrade path.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.