Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

RCA to XLR adapters

Tags
adapters
4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  bambino 
#1 ·
Anybody know if you can use RCA to XLR adaptors if your a AVR has RCA'S and the amp has XLR's, is there a down side or anything to look out for as as the right number of pins?:eek:

#5 ·
I can't say as I can't A/B test mine. I know pro gear works at a higher signal level than consumer gear, and many pro xlr devices have a switch to set the voltage output range.

As to gear that auto-senses unbalanced connections . . . I guess that would depend on how it handles that situation. It may only be half signal level, since the two legs are usually subtracted on the 3 pin version. The output stage may compensate for this when it realizes there is no load on the - pin. I honestly don't know and it may vary from unit to unit.

I'm curious though. Hopefully someone else will chime in here.

#7 ·
Thats what i'm curious about is signal loss. I would like to use my Denon 3808 LFE out to send signal to a behringer 4000 to power my subs and just not sure on the correct method to hook it up being that the behringer has XLR inputs. Thanks for the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.