Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Nad T477

Tags
t477
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Anthony 
#1 ·
I recently purchased the above component. I have had some problems with the remote. It worked fine, then suddenly I cannot access the unit. I have tried all the suggestions given in the manual from NAD to no avail.

I can access the front panel, but I still cannot fully set up the av. I also tired to unplug and wait 5 minutes trick, I also tried to reset the remote which would not reset. I don't know what the problems is. I suspect I gave a wrong command somewhere, but I can't fix what I can't access.

#2 ·
It almost sounds like the remote was put into a control mode for another piece of equipment.

A couple of quick trouble-shooting items:
First change the batteries in the remote (or check that they are putting out 1.5V each).

If you have a digital camera, camcorder, or cell phone with camera -- point the remote at them and see if you can pick up the IR emitter. It will usually look like a dull red or gray dot. I have a Sony with night-shot mode and it picks up remotes really well. This is just in case you have good batteries, but for some other reason the remote died.

Next, I would check and see if the remote can be programmed for other gear and if you accidentally switched it into that mode. Some remotes have a programming mode too for installers to get direct access to features. Unlikely that you could accidentally do this, but if a button was pressed and held for too long, that may have caused it.

Last, I would call NAD and ask for support. They are a reputable company and if this is something simple, they can probably fix it over the phone.

Good luck, and welcome to the Shack!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.