Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Cable Crazy

Tags
crazy
1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  AirForceChief 
#1 ·
As you can tell I'm new the HD. I've been living in a cave with my old 34 inch TV for a few years. Well I finally bought a Sharp 52 inch LED set but looking at all the cable options I'm a bit confused. Gold vs silver, all the different categories and certifications..it's enough to make me want to plug the old 34 inch set back in. I also bought a Yamaha RXV665BL Home Theater Receiver so need to purchase a sub woffer cable too. About the only thing I'm sure of the length of cable 12 feet for the HDMI cable and 10 feet for the sub woofer. Oh yea at a good price would be nice. I stopped by Best Buy and was nearly brought to tears at their prices.

A little help please.

Thom

#2 ·
You can go here www.monoprice.com and get any cable you need at great prices. Don't let them tell you that you need anything more then what you can get there.

#4 ·
+1 Agreed!
Unless you're running through a wall/ceiling. Then you really do want CL2/CL3 rated, but only for code purposes, has nothing to do with signal transmission characteristics.

#7 ·
Yeah, go cheap. I've bough from Parts Express and Monoprice -- their budget stuff is better than the $50 to $100 stuff in the stores.

For 12', go with the cheaper versions (usually there are thicker gauge wire ones available, but that only matters for very long runs).

Good luck, and welcome to the Shack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.