Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Feature Request: Customizable Eq Profiles for REW?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rdlproyectos 
#1 ·
Hi there!

First of all let me say REW is simply astounding! (I come from using another RTA suite, but this is WAY better and SO customizable, I love it!)

Big Thanks to the Author! :T

Now, to my Request: :D
I'm using a very complete standalone DSP in my Car, with a Parametric Eq that has a healthy number of Channels to play with, but limited to a maximum Q value of 5.0 :crying:
None of the Equalizer Profiles of REW matches these values, so I was thinking if it's possible to add (or modify) a Feature in REW to accomplish a closer Eq Profile selection...
Using the RTA Feature is an alternative Method of course, but I strongly wish to have the abillity to do my Measures within the EQ Tab and the Marvellous Auto-eq Feature!
I know this might have been asked before (sorry about it) but certainly I don't think beeing the only one in need of choosing different EQ Profiles...Needless to say I know certain additions or modifications to the Software might not be so easy, but I'm shure many REW Users would appreciate Your hard Work.

Maybe it could be done in many ways:
1) Adding the option of loading (manually) a .doc or .xls file (or else) through Preferences tab (like we already do with House curves)? or
2) a customizable entry in EQ selection tab (with User selectable values like we do in Filter tasks, when we select values, but refering to maximum Q or Gain values for that particular EQ)

Thanks in advance!
Dan

See less See more
#2 ·
One for John.

You could use the Generic EQ and manually adjust the Q etc.

Another way is to use the Generic Auto EQ then fine tune with the Q etc available to you. I do this sometimes when only want to use certain Q factors.

There are a few different Q values that aren't the same e.g. EQ 1 Q = 4.3 EQ 2 Q = 4.3 but has a different shape. For EQ 2 to have the same shape requires Q = 8.6 for example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.