Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

windows vista home premium service pack 1

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  brucek 
#1 ·
taking my very first step towards rew !!! i have read different treads and there seems to be alot of experienced people at all kinds of levels. i don't use a computer much so i can get overwellmed easy. what i am leading to is.... i need to buy all the equipment for rew. mic,mixer,and easy to use sound card [ vista frendly ] . i know i will have all kinds of questions so what i invest in should be good and well known. what works well with vista? thank you for your imput!!! tap out

#3 ·
bought a new onkyo integra 7.8 reciever,with the auddesy. this does all the callabration for the system,the problem is you don't see a graph that tells whats going on everwhere. did't know if i used the rew i would know about whats being adjusted where it needs to be adjusted. at first i wanted to learn how to use the rew program, but im not sure i need it and would it be worth the investment? thank you for sound card recomadations for vista hps pack. tap out

#4 ·
They are selling my exact soundcard (Model SB0270) on ebay right now for $3.70 plus cost of shipping and it would work with the newer Vista drivers. Auddesy is not going to do the best possible calibration. If you put in the time and cost of the required accessories of REW, you will have better results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.