Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Newbie with REW, quite odd result

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  red5goahead 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I'm using Rew since a couple of days. I've a Velleman Avm2050 and a Audyssey Mic

the graph below is taken with a Audyssey Mic setup. no problem with my Realtek 887 . I calibrated it without any issue and I've the related cal file

I got this kind of odd result

the red line is the 20-200 Hz , 1M lenght test with Marantz Sr5009. No EQ , large speakers (no cross-over)
the blue line is the 20-200 Hz , 1M lenght test with Marantz Sr5009. No EQ , small speakers (cross-over 80)
the blue line is the 20-200 Hz , 1M lenght test with Marantz Sr5009. No EQ , small speakers (cross-over 250)

front speaker are 70 hz. -3 db as reference frequency response

the sub is OFF

Image hosted for free at CtrlV.in

where are the cross-over cuts? :ponder:

PS: the cross-over works, my ear hear the difference

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
New test with the Velleman avm2050 on the front speaker (the sub is powered-off)

I don't understand the values on axixs.

the cross-overs are working because they are changing the initial point of the high-pass filter but the values on the axixs seems totally broken. The highest one (120 HZ) start on almost 55 HZ not 120 HZ (the blue line)

Image hosted for free at CtrlV.in

#6 ·
No, my guess is that a kind of issue with Rew when collect the data or when display it, maybe related to my pc desktop or the sound card. Cross-overs seems work fine because despite the results the differences between 80-90 HZ and 200-250 HZ setups is clearly, evident during a subwoofer check level test. (I used the Marantz web interface to switch quickly the cross-overs).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.