Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Dual Subs

Tags
dual subs
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  brucek 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have finally taken delivery of my dual MFW-15 subs. I have been running the BFD for my single sub which I calibrated with relative ease. My question is, what is the procedure to follow to calibrate dual, identical subs (co-located) with REW?

#3 ·
Hi brucek,

If I locate the splitter from the subwoofer preout on the receiver thereby using both inputs on the BFD and then run single cables from the outputs on the BFD to the subwoofers? Will this work as these are the only cables I have at my disposal? What is the best way?

#5 ·
If I locate the splitter from the subwoofer preout on the receiver thereby using both inputs on the BFD and then run single cables from the outputs on the BFD to the subwoofers? Will this work as these are the only cables I have at my disposal? What is the best way?
There is no best way. You can certainly split at the receiver output and use both BFD channels if you like. Anyone that has the two subs in different locations would want this configuration because the filters will be different for each channel of the BFD.

In your case if you use both channels, you can enable the BFD Couple mode so you won't have to enter all those pesky filters into both channels. Couple copies them for you..

brucek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.