Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

REW 5.15 soundcard calibration

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnM 
#1 ·
I am having a hard time with soundcard calibration in 5.15. The high end (>600hz) is crazy. In 5.11 it is basically flat. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Running windows 7.

Text Line Screenshot Design Font

Text Line Screenshot Font Parallel

See less See more
#4 ·
Strange. A few questions:

What does the Captured trace on the scope plot look like after the calibration measurement?
Do you have a loopback connection on both inputs or just one?
With the loopback connection(s) in place and the signal generator playing a 1 kHz sine wave at -20 dB, what do the Level meters display?
Please post a screenshot of the Info panel for a 5.15 calibration measurement, or save it as an mdat and attach it here.

#5 ·
Strange. A few questions:

What does the Captured trace on the scope plot look like after the calibration measurement?
Do you have a loopback connection on both inputs or just one?
I remove REW 1.11 and install 1.15.
I have a loopback connection beetwen input 1 and output 1. Nothing else connected to the soundcard.

See attached fils for others settings used. I try with Java driver then delete preferences, restart REW and test with Asio driver.
Berfore calibration I set levels (first attachment). Hope this help.

Claude.

Attachments

#10 ·
I've tracked this down and fixed it - when making soundcard calibration measurements the sweep start and end frequencies were not being set up correctly, they were left at the values that had last been used to measure so correct results would only be obtained if you had been making full range measurements. I have uploaded the fixed versions as V5.16 beta 1 in the installers directory, I'll probably release that as V5.16 at the weekend if no other issues crop up in the meantime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.