Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

REW on Surface Pro 4?

Tags
pro surface
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  costanza 
#1 ·
I've read the tutorials, etc, but I guess there's enough of wiggle room on setting up that I'm still confused. My SP4 is the standard i5 version with 128GB SDD. It has 1 USB3 port and a minidisplay port (I have minidisplay to HDMI adapter). It doesn't have a "soundcard" and I won't be using headphone jack. I will be using a UMIK1 bought directly from minidsp. I will be going into the hdmi input on a marantz sr7008 avr. So, I connect minidisplay to hdmi adapter and connect hdmi to receiver and select that input. I open REW on SP4 and plug in umik1 after I place it at seated ear position, pointed up. The REW should recognize this and then ask for calibration file. I guess I would use 90 degree file. This is the point where I'm confused. Do I leave everything else at default and start measuring? I've actually set up REW on a computer before in the past with the umik1 but I could never seem to get the "calibration" part right. I wasn't using a sub at the time and when I told it to play calibration sound from the mains, I thought the speakers were going to explode it was so loud, and it was barely even registering on the REW on screen meter!
Thanks for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.