Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

My First REW measurement -What is wrong?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnM 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just did my first REW measurement today and i dont know if something wrong with it. I used UMIK-1 microphone and HDMI with my latest IntelNUC6i5SYK. I followed the step by step guide room-eq-wizard-101-v4.3.pdf

I put the mic at MLP and i measured the sub response with Audyssey ON and OFF. could anybody tell me if it is the normal expected response or something wrong? because i tried to adjust the level using SPL meter (in REW) but it was not changing it was always 115 dB(Z) regardless of my master volume (see screenshot).

After the measurement i got an error "measurement my be corrupted". I dont know why. Please help.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
83 views and no reply?:crying2: ...If you need more details please let me know..

I just checked with RTA and you can see it is showing ~100dB ..one peak at 50Hz is fixed and it is not changing ..is this normal? my mic UMIK-1 has -18dB gain is it something to do with this.? Please help..

Attachments

#3 ·
Hi 'Kid',
Welcome to HTS!
> The response is not a valid measurement as you surmised.
> The issue is difficult to guess as there is no info regarding your setup and settings.

Hopefully you will get a response soon from someone with USB mic experience. I have none, so can only offer basic thoughts from 3rd-hand reports and thus not likely to be on point. They are hopefully thoughts that will help us to at least rule out some basics.

Thoughts:
> Is the USB cable inserted completely into the mic? Apparently snaps in with some force.
> Was the mic detected by REW when it started? Did REW ask for the mic calibration file? Did you load it?
> Did you select 48k sample rate in REW preferences/soundcard (it may work also/instead at 44.1k?). [It's not likely to happy at 96k sample rate.]

If so, then post here an REW .mdat file of the measurement and also provide the REW version, OS version and other REW preferences/soundcard settings. Someone will probably identify the problem given that info.

#4 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. Yes mic usb cable was inserted firmly and REW detected the mic and i have loaded the calibration file. I have found one more weird issue. as you can see from the uploaded pics when i moved the mic almost touching my pc monitor the db level decreased to 60-70db , if i move away from my monitor it increase to 120 dB ..i dont know why..any idea?..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.