Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

solved problem with REW

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FargateOne 
#1 ·
Hello,

after a very good experience using REW I would like to share my success, even being a newbie to the Hifi area.
Due to the WAF being 0 for a long time I was looking for stylish speakers for my home with acceptance of my wife. I found this speakers at a Italian manufacturer. Having these speakers for some time I got the feeling that the bass is a little to weak. In order to find out what was wrong, I installed REW on my PC and saw that there was really a missing bass on one speaker. The installation of REW was really easy and I have used a UMIK-1 microfone. With the help of this forum (I was searching for tips on installing and using REW) I could do all the installing and measuring in one day.

When talking to the vendor of the speakers he was very open and service personell was coming to my home and they fixed the problem in a few minutes. The wiring of one speaker was inverted and this lead to the missing bass.

Thank you all very much.

studio35

#3 ·
I to can vouch how REW helped me..... Similar issue with a pair of diy bass horns with weak bass..... Inverted one speaker and there it was, bass as it should be. Rew confirmed my suspicion that the bass was weak and confirmed response when corrected. Still a LOT to learn about this software..... But its a start.

Dave

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Can you imagine that REW pointed out the reason why I could not use NanoAvr-dl properly. Comparing REW graphs and Dirac graphs was showing a problem in my system but where? Finally found it. Contrary to all expectations, the bd player, which is upstream of NanoAvr, was the culprit. It was a faulty unit that could not beeing repaired. Without REW I would have blown out a B&W speaker !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.