Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Subwoofer REW Graph questions

Tags
graph
2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Wayne A. Pflughaupt 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted to post my graph and ask some input.

I have 3 questions and observations

1)I can't get rid of the dip at 62.7hz, not sure why?

2)What am I looking at with the big dip around 80hz? Is that the crossover, also why are there so many db's after it comes back up at 95hz?

3)I didn't have enough eq filters left on my inuke 3000 to flatten the peak at 23hz.

The subwoofer is a Stereo Integrity HT18 powered by an Inuke 3000dsp amp built in a martycube enclosure.

Thanks a lot

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·

1)I can't get rid of the dip at 62.7hz, not sure why?
Either it’s a strange kind of null or you didn’t have the filter set right.

2)What am I looking at with the big dip around 80hz?
It’a a null. Nothing you can’t do anything about it, save relocate the sub.

Is that the crossover
If it was, it would only show up on a mains + subs graph, not a subs-only graph.

also why are there so many db's after it comes back up at 95hz?
Either the crossover has a really shallow slope (i.e. 6 dB/octave) or the mains are running along with the sub.

3)I didn't have enough eq filters left on my inuke 3000 to flatten the peak at 23hz.
Not a problem worth worrying about – “fixing” it will make no audible difference.

How many filters does the 3000 have? If you’re using more than 5-6 you’re probably using too many, chasing little ripples in response that won’t give an audible improvement.

Regards,
Wayne

#3 ·
Either it’s a strange kind of null or you didn’t have the filter set right.

It’a a null. Nothing you can’t do anything about it, save relocate the sub.

If it was, it would only show up on a mains + subs graph, not a subs-only graph.

Either the crossover has a really shallow slope (i.e. 6 dB/octave) or the mains are running along with the sub.

Not a problem worth worrying about – “fixing” it will make no audible difference.

How many filters does the 3000 have? If you’re using more than 5-6 you’re probably using too many, chasing little ripples in response that won’t give an audible improvement.

Regards,
Wayne
Thanks Wayne.

I think I'm using 7 filters. And all that was running was the subwoofer solo. Also would it be better to shoot for a target curve like this

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.