Unable to measure FL+FR+subs after timing reference update - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 11 Old 07-01-16, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Unable to measure FL+FR+subs after timing reference update

I currently have the latest beta of REW, but ever since the timing reference update, I can't measure 2 channels at once (via HDMI and ASIO). I have not selected use timing reference under preferences and when I select channel 1 and 2 for FL+FR+subs, I get output just from channel 1. The next measure doesn't even show a drop down menu for a second channel to measure, just one drop down menu.

Am I missing a step or something? I had no issues with measuring 2 channel at once before the timing reference update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-02-16, 09:57 AM
REW Author

John

Re: Unable to measure FL+FR+subs after timing reference update

One way to do that is to use the Java drivers, which provide an option to use left/right/both channels of the selected output. For ASIO drivers I have added a secondary output selector to the measurement dialog in 5.17 beta 4.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-02-16, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
JohnM wrote: View Post
One way to do that is to use the Java drivers, which provide an option to use left/right/both channels of the selected output. For ASIO drivers I have added a secondary output selector to the measurement dialog in 5.17 beta 4.
Ok, thanks... does this mean with the new beta it will work exactly like before the timing reference feature was added?

(Because I currently see a secondary output selector in the measurement pop-up screen for the first measure each time REW is started... but it doesn't actually work.

The second measure no longer shows that secondary output selector.)

post #4 of 11 Old 07-02-16, 10:44 AM
REW Author

John

You'll need to give me some more information, please, like what your REW soundcard preference settings are and what the measure dialog is actually showing. Screenshots would be great. Would also be helpful if you could look in the REW log files (their location is shown in the Help -> about dialog) and see if any errors have been logged.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-02-16, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Will do first chance I get
post #6 of 11 Old 07-07-16, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

got it working fine in beta 5 (5.17)
post #7 of 11 Old 07-11-16, 02:44 PM
Shackster

I believe I am having the same problem. Been using 5.13 up until today without issue. Decided to upgrade to 5.16 and the same issue described here is happening to me as well. Downgraded to 5.15 and still the same issue. Just upgraded to 5.17 beta 5 and still the same issue but you did add to the new drop down box but I don't think that is solving anything.

When I first launch the Measure page, everything is fine. See "REW Output 1.jpeg" attached.

When I close the Make a Measurement page and then click on Measure again, the second output disappears. I have to shutdown REW completely and the relaunch to get it back but it immediately goes away again after doing so.

Is there a workaround for this? If not, I have to revert back to 5.13.
Attached Thumbnails
Unable to measure FL+FR+subs after timing reference update-rew-output-1.jpg  

Unable to measure FL+FR+subs after timing reference update-rew-output-2.jpg  

post #8 of 11 Old 07-11-16, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
McLuvin wrote: View Post
I believe I am having the same problem. Been using 5.13 up until today without issue. Decided to upgrade to 5.16 and the same issue described here is happening to me as well. Downgraded to 5.15 and still the same issue. Just upgraded to 5.17 beta 5 and still the same issue but you did add to the new drop down box but I don't think that is solving anything.

When I first launch the Measure page, everything is fine. See "REW Output 1.jpeg" attached.

When I close the Make a Measurement page and then click on Measure again, the second output disappears. I have to shutdown REW completely and the relaunch to get it back but it immediately goes away again after doing so.

Is there a workaround for this? If not, I have to revert back to 5.13.
Actually, if you select the checkbox and choose the 2nd channel under the first THEN it works *at least for me*.

(The selection on the right of the first channel doesn't work and disappears like you mentioned on 2nd measurement sweep.)
post #9 of 11 Old 07-11-16, 03:21 PM
Shackster

Quote:
HT-GUY123 wrote: View Post
Actually, if you select the checkbox and choose the 2nd channel under the first THEN it works *at least for me*.

(The selection on the right of the first channel doesn't work and disappears like you mentioned on 2nd measurement sweep.)
I do that and it still does not working for me. I've been playing with it and it seems like I have to have the timing reference turned on to take any meaningful measurements.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-11-16, 04:43 PM
REW Author

John

The timing reference output selector shouldn't appear when not using a timing reference (it isn't being used for anything), it was being shown in error when the measurement dialog first opened but correctly hidden after that. I've fixed that for the next beta. It shouldn't make any difference to using the 2nd output channel though, and the second output channel should work fine whether or not a timing reference is being used. It seems to behave correctly when I test it with or without a timing reference.