Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

REW and car audio

Tags
car
2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnM 
#1 ·
Hello there - in using REW to tune my car stereo, Id like to use a type A USB to USB to connect my windows laptop to my Alpine headunit. When I do so, my head unit does not recognize my PC so no test sounds can be heard. Is there a way to leverage my laptops USB connection for output or am I stuck using a soundcard (i.e. Behringer U control) and standard analog connection? Thank you for the help

#4 ·
You could use the acoustic timing reference option to play back a saved sweep. To do that, select acoustic timing reference in the Analysis preferences. Then open the signal generator, select the measurement sweep, set it for the range you want to measure then save the signal as a WAV, selecting the option to add a timing reference to the signal. Open the measurement dialog, select the option to wait for timing reference then press Measure. Then play the WAV you saved through the system. Note that the settings in the measurement dialog must be exactly the same as those used when saving the WAV, otherwise the result will not be valid. Can save one sweep for the left channel and another for the right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.