Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Issues with exporting IRs

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  tom-audio 
#1 ·
Hi all,

For my measurements I use the function "export impulse response as WAV" often. All good but, when I check the "export minimum phase version of IR" box, the behavior is not as expected:

1) FILE NAME
Usually the name is taken from the overlapping panels on the left, which is very useful. But having the "minimum phase" box activated the name is always set to "minPhase.wav". It would be great to have the name from the left overlapping panels also here... maybe with a suffix like -MP.

2) PEAK POSITION
Without the "minimum phase" option, the peak occurs exactly 1 second after the start which is just fine. Unfortunately, with "minimum phase" enable, the peak occurs somewhat earlier than 1 second and it varies between ca. 0,998s and 0,997s. I already tried to adjust the timing with the functions "Estimate IR Delay" and "t=0 offset(ms)" without success because they affect the non-minimum phase version only.

It would be great to get your support on this :)

#2 ·
Usually the name is taken from the overlapping panels on the left, which is very useful. But having the "minimum phase" box activated the name is always set to "minPhase.wav". It would be great to have the name from the left overlapping panels also here... maybe with a suffix like -MP.
Good idea, I'll do that for the next beta.

Without the "minimum phase" option, the peak occurs exactly 1 second after the start which is just fine. Unfortunately, with "minimum phase" enable, the peak occurs somewhat earlier than 1 second and it varies between ca. 0,998s and 0,997s. I already tried to adjust the timing with the functions "Estimate IR Delay" and "t=0 offset(ms)" without success because they affect the non-minimum phase version only.
There are times that can be useful, for example when exporting both the original and min phase versions of an IR in a stereo WAV, as the timing offset between them is preserved. I'll make sure the peak is always at 1 second if the export has only 1 channel though.

#4 ·
Hi John,

I have been using these two improvements now for several months. I am very happy that you have implemented them and I cordially thank you for those minor but very helpful improvements. I will donate in order to express my appreciation.

Thank you so much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.