Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

ASIO4ALL 96K Sampling Rate, Success ( or not )?

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  AudiocRaver 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Here's a catchall thread meant for those who might want to post about their success ( or failure ) at using ASIO4ALL ( at a 96K sampling rate ) within REW.

I can't get this scenario to work ( using my Focusrite 2i2, which does have a working 96K ASIO driver ) .

Has anyone had any success ( using a 96K sample rate within ASIO4ALL ) ?

:)

#5 ·
Mine is a very basic setup using an HP notebook and now running Windows 10. I originally used the provided Focusrite ASIO driver with my 2i2 it worked fine - never a problem. Later, as a trial, I tried the ASIO4ALL driver and wasn't able to get it to work reliability. That was maybe a couple of years ago and I only spent a small amount of time with it running. I think ASIO4ALL v2.0 had just been released. I would guess that my problem was at 44.1k as well as 96k since 44.1k was my standard at the time. I think it worked for a short while, but crashed often. I don't really remember the details for sure. After the trial I did download and install another ASIO driver from a Focusrite site that offered more options in setting the buffer size. I think it was an optional driver on a beta software page at that time. That is the driver I have used since then.

Is there a reason to want to use the ASIO4ALL driver instead? Does it allow more flexibility for some setups?

#6 ·
Thanks Wayne.

Well I just got my Focusrite 2i2 working ( sampling at 96K through ASIO4ALL ) and completing a good test trace.

I just don't know how long it'll last, since a mere 5 minutes ago the same setup ( with slightly different buffer settings ) had REW immediately quitting as soon as I hit the measure button.

Clearly these drivers are somewhat flakey.

OTOH, the 2i2 ASIO driver ( when used at 96K ) has never given me a problem.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.