Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Help calibrating Saffire Pro 40 w/ REW

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  EarlK 
#1 ·
Hello, denizens of Home Theater Shack. I am totally confounded as I try to make Saffire MixControl work with REW.

I'm aware that calibrating the sound card isn't too important. Still, I'd like to learn how to do it, so that I know more about the MixControl software.

I need to create a loopback so I can calibrate my Saffire Pro 40. I've searched youtube, and this website, but haven't found something detailed enough for me to understand. I've attached pictures of my setup for Saffire MixControl and REW below.

I'd be very appreciative of some help.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

There are smatterings of relevant info ( spread across this forum ) that are quite find-able using searchquery=mixControl

Of particular relevance is info posted by jtalden ( in a certain thread ) stating that the mixControl functions can be effectively bypassed by Shift-Clicking on the Mix PreSet buttons.
- So that is where I would start . See if you can bypass mixControl and all it's confusing functions .

- Then simply use inputs & outputs 1 & 2 on your soundcard ( since those are what appear within REW ) .

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.