Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

REW Measurement

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnM 
#1 ·
OK so just wondering not sure I am actually doing this correctly.
What is the process for house curves.
I do a measurement no Sub just the front three. I played with small /large settings and got the best reading. eventually and settled on small L/R and Large for centre. I have Bookshelfs and a large centre channel.
I then did a measurement with sub only and settle on a location. Front right about 3' of the side wall.
Then, I started playing with crossovers and found a 90hz is best. I found this by overlapping the front three measurement and L/R and the sub,
Then, I did a measurement of the sub.saved that to the DSP1124 as #1
then I went to preferences, Preferences and house Curve and loaded the My house curve. This is a text file that I sat and played with from 30hz - 90hz +6.5bd I added as a file. I also created 9 others one the shelf curve BruceK had andother Wayne had Hard Knee curve and a few others with just two entries 30 6.5 and 80 0 and a 20 and a couple with +8db. also a trail one I was just playing with.
So, O loaded the My House Curve and then ran the measurement. Then I go to EQ and select speaker Type to subwoofer, then cutoff to 90hz, then I click set target level, then mathc to target response, then send filter settings to EQ saved to #2 bank.
repeat this proces with the other 7 or so.

However, when I go back to view all the sub overlays, they all practically match up on each other, hardly any variences at all. I will give an example of My Curve and the Hard Knee and the House Curve .

Just seems that after I eq the different curves etc they should show different variations

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeh I think I am doing something wrong.
I have the sub connected to my Pre/Pro.
I open REW, have the laptop soundcard connected to the pre/pro. I have the mic setup in listening position. I open preferences , Preferences again House Curve tab load the Curve I want.
I then click measure I set the start 20hz and end 200hz, then I click measure. It does its sound thing, gives me a measurement.
Once I have that I select the EQ tab, I then open the target and filters tabs. I set the LF Rise Start to 100hz and the LF End to 20HZ
I then click on the Set Target Level it does it thing. I repeat this for the 7 or 8 house curves.
Then I click on match response to target, I get it setting filters, I check and see they are installed. Then I send to EQ
Save as 1, or 2 or 3 whatever. for all the house curves.

My issue is after I run the measurement and do this for each House CUrve if I select overlay there are no changes to the graphs. as shown in my pic. Those are after I done the filters and they all have between 3 - 6 filters.

My DSP1124 if I change the banks show the filters are changing and some have three lite up and one has 7.
I un hook the sub from the pre/pro and connect to the DSP after.
Im just wondering if after I do the initial measurement and apply the filters should the graphs not vary

#4 ·
I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly, but applying filters doesn't change the existing measurements, it changes the predictions. You can see those on the Predicted SPL graph of the Overlays window. To see the effect on the system make measurements with the filters applied via the BFD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.