Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

My Response - Feedback is appreciated.

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Wayne A. Pflughaupt 
#1 ·
Here's what I have... I suspect I have a phasing issue? Any thoughts from anyone is appreciated...

Tony

Left speaker crossed-over to sub @ 60hz

Measured to 5k 1/3 oct smoothing applied.

See less See more
#4 ·

Does the on-board EQ work for the sub output too? If so you might want to do a graph with the sub only. I’d suggest boosting the 40 Hz area a few dB and cutting the 55 Hz peak several dB. With your crossover set at 60 Hz, you have a good bit of bass being reproduced by the main speakers. It may be that the two L/R speakers will show differing response in the 60-150 Hz region, but its best (and easiest) to apply the same filters to both channels (i.e., EQ the two speakers’ combined output). So it’s best to get a reading with both main speakers running before deciding how to EQ in the 60-15o Hz range.

As for what’s above 150 Hz, most everything from 150-800 seems to be lower in overall level than what I can see at the top of the graph (above 800 Hz). A filter something like 1-1/4-octave wide centered at ~400 Hz and boosted maybe 4-5 dB would better center response along the 75 dB Target line.

By the way, you can model filters in REW and see the predicted changes to your frequency response on the screen.

Regards,
Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.