Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Is a stereo plot result possible?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SRR 
#1 ·
Is it possible to plot 2 meters at the same time?

I was talking to a friend of mine about speakers and he mentioned somthing that i wonder about now.

He said he never liked speakers with rear porting, he said somthing about phase or somthing. That the front of the speaker has a different wave or somthing from the rear and that a rear ported speaker could throw the phase off or somthing causing problems? A boomy sound or lack bass somthing along those lines.

So what i wondered is, if you run 2 meters at the same time, one measuring the rear port and one measuring the front? Can REW plot 2 seperate results at the same time?

Rather then combine L/R input from the splitter each could have its own meter.

#2 ·
Ummm, run one for one position/speaker, then run the same thing for the other position/speaker. I think that is what you want??? There is no need to run them at the same exact time, just run it again, you will get the same results as running two at the same time as two run at different times unless you have a train or truck or car go by during one run and not the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.