Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Bizzare lookback calibration result

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  glaufman 
#1 · (Edited)
Good day, I have a problem with sound card calibration and loop back results.

I follow help file "Calibrating the Soundcard" step by step. All sound effects are switched off. Proper line in and line out are connected. My sound device is mother board integrated "Realtek HD Audio".

After the sound card calibration I receive a fairly flat response curve, which is good. Then I move to point 7 of the help file and do measurement. At this point I receive this strange, bumpy curve, with deeps at about 2kHz, 6kHz, 10kHz ect. Please find a graph attached

I would expect rather flat response as that the whole point of sound card calibration. Any advice on this issue?

Thanks, nsnotes

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
The sampling rate can have such an effect if it's a mismatch, as in, the realtek can do or is set to one but you're giving it the other.

+1 on John's comments regarding troubleshooting your scan.

#4 ·
Thanks a again for help. I have managed to move forward and do full measurement of my stereo system. Please find a frequency response graph attached, smoothed with 1/6 octave. It looks to me quite flat in given range, in fact suspiciously flat. Basically +/-0.5dB between 80Hz and 1.5kHz.

Few more question to people more familiar with this soft.

1. Is there any chance for mistake in my methodology that could result in such a flat response

2. Why there is increase in energy around 30Hz?

Thanks again, nsnotes

Attachments

#5 ·
Certainly not a valid system measurement. Best start with a look at the result of the soundcard measurement and move on from there, please post an image that shows the soundcard cal file response. Also make sure the Realtek is set up to use stereo speakers only and that the playback mixer has Line In muted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.