Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Passing REW EQ settings onto the DEQ2496?

17K views 60 replies 12 participants last post by  jemhayward 
#1 ·
Is there a special mode i have to put the DEQ in to accept the signals from the REW EQ via the Midi-USB interface?

is there another way to do this if not thru the midi interface?

here is my setup:

See less See more
#58 ·
Hi,
In fact I realized after my post we must be aware that sending raw data to the DEQ would result in a very uncomplete use of this machine: it has far more capabilities than the FBQ does...
The export would probably use only a very small amount of the adjustments, and a lot of manual tweaking would still be necessary...

Whereas the FBQ has only one possible adjustment way, and makes it therefore much more easy to handle from an external soft.

Am I right ?

#60 · (Edited)
That's all i use anyway. I don't touch any of the other adjustments as they are more likely to mess things up more than fixing anything.

I got mine because a friend recommended it over the BFD units and it can also do Auto EQ with the ECM8000. That made it very attractive to someone who didn't know how to EQ manually at the time. But it only works on the GEQ side and that is 1/3 octave only (way too corse) and it didn't work anyway. It would BOOST all dip frequencies rather than cut the peaks and would boost the wrong ones anyway. And Behringer state in the instructions it is not accurate below 80Hz for Auto EQ and you have to manually force it to EQ below 80Hz if you really want it too.

It would be a better unit for use with main speakers as it was designed. But the PEQ it has is perfect for some serious SUB EQ.

#61 ·
Just thought I'd complete this thread, as a lot has happened since I last posted. I used the DEQ2496 with my Quad 57 / Linn Sub system and found that the internal room EQ system came up with very similar results to the RoomEQ software, so I was confident in its settings. Eventually we went a bit mad and bought some Martin Logan summits - we were keen to get going with them, so put the Behringrer into bypass mode, and started listening. The MLs are quite fussy about positioning, but its obvious when its right. The bass sounded fine without using the built in 25Hz and 50 Hz adjusters, so I decided to test it all with the RoomEQ again, and amazingly, there are almost no bass problems at all. I dialled in the small correction into the DEQ2496, and it did remove a slight boom on one or two difficult pieces, but the MLs are so revealing, we decided that the system as a whole sounds better without the Behringer in circuit, though we do now use it as a DAC when playing music from the computer - but that IS another story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.