Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Importing Low Freq Data from ETF?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Wayne Rose 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Am measuring my room using ETF5/RPlusD (both display well on the low-res screen on my quiet Dell laptop, while unfortunately REW does not). I then transfer the files to my desktop for analysis and EQ correction, and would like to get them into REW for that purpose.

Here's the problem: ETF does not permit export of Low Frequency pcm files, only Full Range. Sorry, but I don't understand why. RPlusD will not import LF ETF files either, otherwise I could try saving them as wav files, which is the format RPlusD exports.

I was able to export a LF impulse data file from ETF as txt and import it into REW. The impulse wave looks correct but seems to have been imported as a Frequency Response curve, instead of impulse data (it shows up on the Filter Adjust page, but not on the Impulse page).

Is there any way to do what I am attempting, or is it not possible to import impulse data as txt? :huh:

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Cheers,

--Wayne

See less See more
#3 ·
Brucek,

Thanks. Will do that.

As it turns out, continued research this p.m. revealed that RPlusD (the newer incarnation of ETF5) no longer appears to differentiate between the way it produces Full Range and Low Frequency data (it generates a hybrid "Low Frequency Sweep + Mid/High MLS" signal for both), and both can be exported as wav files.

So all is right with the universe (at least for now). :wave:

Cheers,

--Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.