Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Rev 5 EQW

Tags
eqw rev
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Paky33 
#1 ·

Hi John.
I just downloaded V5 of REW. Just in case some user's missed this:
Special thanks to Ken Bruce for his invaluable assistance in the REW forum and with the V5 beta testing. Thanks also to Dr Udo Zucker and the original REW beta testers Graham, UrbanT, Theo and Daniel for their assistance and encouraging me to get on with it :) and of course to John
:clap:

I made my first acoustic measurements in a studio I designed using 4.11.
While I have years of TEF experience, this is new for me. Although I didn't play with the software as much as I should have, I found it friendly to use! :eek:lddude:

I just downloaded V5 and I must say many of the wishes last week were fulfilled!
Comments:
1. The cursor marker for Level and Frequency is a super nice addition!
2. The new look is friendly as are all the new add-on features. I look forward to using them in real life measurements.
3. I wish the "controls window" could float - so it's out of the way, but still open.
4. Question for anyone. Is there a way to pre-delay the original measured impulse or a way to only display the decay in waterfall graphs in existing measurements? Example: you have 85 dB SPL measured and you only want to see the decay below a selected level.

Thanks for a wonderful product.
Dave

See less See more
#5 ·
quote:
Special thanks to Ken Bruce for his invaluable assistance in the REW forum and with the V5 beta testing. Thanks also to Dr Udo Zucker and the original REW beta testers Graham, UrbanT, Theo and Daniel for their assistance and encouraging me to get on with it :) and of course to John

I made my first acoustic measurements in a studio I designed using 4.11.
While I have years of TEF experience, this is new for me. Although I didn't play with the software as much as I should have, I found it friendly to use!

I just downloaded V5 and I must say many of the wishes last week were fulfilled!
Comments:
1. The cursor marker for Level and Frequency is a super nice addition!
2. The new look is friendly as are all the new add-on features. I look forward to using them in real life measurements.
3. I wish the "controls window" could float - so it's out of the way, but still open.
4. Question for anyone. Is there a way to pre-delay the original measured impulse or a way to only display the decay in waterfall graphs in existing measurements? Example: you have 85 dB SPL measured and you only want to see the decay below a selected level.

Thanks for a wonderful product.
Dave

Read more: Rev 5 EQW - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

end quote

Only a very small request for the next version: it would be possible to have a sweep of at least 50 seconds in length? I have noticed that with a longer sweep you can make a more accurate measurement. Especially if you want to do then a FIR filter with the DRC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.