Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

List of Newer sound cards for REW

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wayne A. Pflughaupt 
#1 ·
I realize that some if not most the recommended sound cards in the getting started section of the help section are still available, but some searching on most have to be done to find them easily. Is there a list anywhere of newer sound cards available that work well with REW? And possibly at all different price points?

I can get graphs now with my laptop and the supplied sound card with it, but, just like in the basics, there is a lot of noise along with it. Can't get about a certain db reading without clipping. For me, I'm looking for something that works well with music listening mostly and some creation (I like to dabble with mixing samples) as well as some gaming. I listen exclusively with headphones and I do change out my headphones a lot. Koss and sennheiser for me and some cheap Sentry for the kids. I like to listen loud at times and would like to start using my tower pc for measuring since its close by my HT equipment at all times. Right now the sound card I have in my tower is pretty horrible. Lots of noise and doesn't get loud at all, as well as its only half duplex.

So I guess my request is 2 part. I need something good for me, but would also like to see a quick and easy reference that can be easily updated for everyone looking for new sound cards adequate for REW. Maybe add little side notes along the way with stengths and weaknesses.

Thanks guys!

See less See more
#2 ·

Hey Brandon,

Unfortunately it’s impossible for us to evaluate all the sound cards on the market, especially since some work better with some operating systems than others. Basically, it’s our members who “test” sound cards, so your best bet is to search the various threads. Anytime you see someone has posted a viable graph, that means their soundcard worked with REW.

Another tact is to search the internet for reviews on a sound card you might be considering. This post outlines what to look for in a user review. You can search our Forum as well, to find out if someone has successfully used a card you might be considering.

Regards,
Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.