Tried some sweeps with REW & still get the same results Any ideas?
- ( From the above statement ) I guess we are all to assume that you are getting the same results ( but now supported with pictures ) of what you first obtained before you started this thread . Is that correct ( are you right back at square one ) ?
- FYI, your sweep captures appear to have some built in comb-filtering overlaid onto the results ( that appear to have been filtered/convolved ) . At this point, it's anyones guess as to how you have achieved the comb-filtering since you haven't yet fessed up about how you are running ( & capturing ) a REW test signal ( through MC17 and then back out to your audio system ) . ( I know a lash-up, but the results are always tenuous at best ) .
- For all we know, your VST based filters actually sound fine with music & voice ( ie; maybe it's only your measurement setup, channeled through MC17 that is failing here ) .
- ( Maybe your soft-patch configuration of ) REW into MC17 creates a feedback loop ( by a couple of delayed samples ) through your default soundcard ( this would help explain that pic ) .
- I would suggest that you change your filter testing methodology to something a bit simpler.
- I suggest playing back a pre-recorded PinkPN Wave file from within MC17 ( and then through its' convolved filters ) while you monitor the acoustic response using REW(s) RTA window . ( You can create this PinkPN wave file by exporting it from REW's signal generator .)
- The RTA window is accurate enough to let you know if your filters are any good .