Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

How does this look?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  brucek 
#1 ·

Today, I recieved 2 SVS PB-12 Plus subs, they are installed, moved the around a bunch, tried a bunch of different x-over points on my pre-amp for them, and took a bunch of measurements via REW.

Here is what appears to be my best graph and it also sounded pretty sweet from my primary listening position. I'm new at this, but I presume that using a RS digital SPL meter means I'm getting a good house curve db rolloff from 15hz to 100hz. The graph also includes my mains as well, which are B&W Nautilus 802's that have a crossover point of 60hz and my subs are at 70hz.

What do you guys think? I also get in a BFD 1100 today but not sure if I should play with this or not. My room is about 4800 cubic feet.

Thanks,

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
I presume that using a RS digital SPL meter means I'm getting a good house curve db rolloff from 15hz to 100hz.
Any response inadequacies in the type of meter or mic used with REW is compensated by the meter/mic calibration file used. The calibration file renders the meter/mic flat.

B&W Nautilus 802's that have a crossover point of 60hz and my subs are at 70hz.
Using a different crossover between the sub and mains is not generally a good idea. I presume you accomplished this by using the subs own LPF or an external crossover. You do have a small peak around the crossover(s) area that could be removed with a BFD, but the response is so good I'd be inclined to try and smooth it out with positioning and phase controls.

brucek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.