Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Extend Waterfall calculation in REW?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnM 
#1 ·
Hi,

I would like to show a waterfall diagram expanding from 2-8000hz, but REW only calculate waterfall diagram up to 760hz.

Is there a way to extend the calculation up to 8000hz or higher?

Thanks,

Ivan

#4 ·
No, waterfall data simply wouldn't be considered useful at higher frequencies.
I'm not sure that would be considered universally true. I can think of many instances where high frequency waterfall data would be useful....it just would never be useful for cases involving EQ.

#5 ·
The reason for my question is that I used REW and the waterfall graphs to determine how much and where different kind of damping gave best effect.

In this case I think it would be usefull to see a waterfall graph extend 760 hz.

(Please feel free to correct my english when I express my self in a strange way :nerd:)

#6 ·
I would probably use the energy time curves for determining the effects of acoustical treatment. While it would be nice to add some filtering to reduce the influence of noise, and to identify the spectral content of reflections, the ETC as it is provided is still useful enough to see the effects of treated reflections (it just isn't sufficient for surgically treating the problems).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.