Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

How to correctly use IR EQ filter in cubase to EQ nearfields

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wayne A. Pflughaupt 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am trying to EQ some nearfield studio monitors via Cubase 7 recording software in my home studio.
Cubase 7 comes with Reverence reverb that I can use to load IR EQ filters created via the REW export function.

I am having difficulty getting the IR's created by REW give full width stereo in the Reverence plugin. There seems to be a narrowing of the stereo image. It only seems to work in full width stereo via a mixer channel if I set the routing source to mono. However I prefer to use the plugin in the studio section of Cubase which does not allow for setting the source to mono and I am not even sure if setting the source to mono will give correct results for a room correction IR.

I tried using the free SIR reverb and it does seem to come out in full width stereo but that plugin has a lot of latency unfortunately. Perhaps it automatically mixes sources to mono or something....good for adding normal reverb...but it that correct for room EQ IR's?

Does anyone know what is going on here.....how do I get the correct end result via an IR filter in a plugin for Cubase?

Cheers.....

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.