Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

No input

Tags
input
4K views 29 replies 3 participants last post by  brucek 
G
#1 ·
I have racked my brain and tried everything I can think of and read the posts and help files. I can't get any input. I can get the generator to work. I tried the spl meter (Radio Shack 33-2055 digital) and The EMC 8K and UB802 and no sound at all. :gah:Tom

#2 ·
I have racked my brain and tried everything I can think of and read the posts and help files. I can't get any input.
OK Tom, let's see if we can solve your problem.

You have a few other posts going that I re-read through, so we'll stick to this thread.

You have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio card. No problem there.

The first thing you want to do is the Soundcard calibration.

Have you connected a stereo cable from line-out to line-in and run the soundcard calibration routine?

brucek

#4 ·
OK, I got the sound card calibrated but I had to use "what you hear" for the input.
No, the 'what you hear' option is a monitor mode that internally loops the output back to the input. This must be shut off before you are actually looking at the line-in port and not simply looping your output back to itself.

Are you using a cable that uses stereo connectors connected from line-out to line-in?

brucek

#12 ·
Here's the graph with the mixer included
You have the C-Weight box checked in REW. It needs to be Un-checked.

What is the graph of? Is this the result of a measurement of the direct loopback of the line-out to line-in plugs on the soundcard after you successfully did a soundcard calibration?

I'm still tryimg to figure out how to post a pic of the windows control.
Any active screen on the Windows desktop may be captured by pressing ALT and PrtScr keys. Then that can be pasted into Paint or any other graphics program and sized to 800 wide and posted as a jpeg.

brucek

G
#13 ·
It was supposed to be a measurement of the direct loopback of the line-out to line-in plugs of the sound card but since I have no input it's not right. I did confirm the the spl meter is working. I'm still working on posting the windows record/playback. Tom

#16 ·
Yeah, you want to be sure your card is recognized in REW and that you select line/speaker out and line-in as shown in my pic.
Then in Windows, you want to be sure that Master Volume and Wave are enabled and that line-in is muted in Playback and that line-in is enabled in Record.

Then if you have a proper stereo cable from line-out to line in, it should simply work....... if not, you've got likely got a fault.

brucek

G
#17 ·
Ok, I have set everything according to your pics and suggestions, I even uninstalled REW and re installed it and still no input.:wits-end: I noticed that in your pics of the control panel they are with Realtek AC97. I still have this in my computer but Creative is over riding it. Will Realtek work with REW? Tom

#21 ·
There is nothing wrong with the Creative cards - you just need to configure them using their actual setup software instead of windows...there is a way to make the Creative software do what you tell Windows to do, but that is a setting inside their configuration utility. (assuming you're not using vista)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.