Help with my Samsung DLP hlr5067wax/xaa. Screen Shot attached - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound XTZ Sound OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Standout Design DSP Axiom Audio

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Service | Support > Brand Specific Service Forums > Samsung
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 40975 - Replies: 68  
Old 05-17-08, 12:18 AM   #1
dmaciii
Inactive

Help with my Samsung DLP hlr5067wax/xaa. Screen Shot attached

Hi all! New to the forum and looking for some help!

I have a Samsung DLP hlr5067wax/xaa. It is 2.5 years old. In the last few months it has started having this intermittent problem where it gets these green lines acroos screen. Live pictures is still in backround and sound is good. Happens on all inputs. I do not notice any abnormal sounds coming from TV. Occsionally it will start working perfect and do so for a few weeks, only to turn it on again and have it go back to this issue for a few days.

Lamp appears to be fine. Also, color/pictures, ect on all menu's is fine. Anyone have any ideas on what this is? I am hopiing it is a common problem. Please help if you can. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

Last edited by dmaciii; 05-17-08 at 12:28 AM..

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-08, 02:27 AM   #2
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Ahmed
Since: Aug 2006
Cairo-Egypt
Re: Help with my Samsung DLP hlr5067wax/xaa. Screen Shot attatched

I have redirected your thread in the Video Displays forum so that you may get more help. From what you say and pics, it seems your TV need to go for some service checks.

ASME AI
Yamaha RX-V2500, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 Fronts, Wharfedale Diamond CM Center, Diamond DFS Surround and rear, Behringer FBQ 2496, Dual RL-P18s 625L LLTs, Dual TA-2400 Pro (2 * 2000 W Amp), Samsung HD870 DVD player, Carada BW 16:9 106" screen, Epson TW-2000, 60 Gb PS3
Important HT proverbs:
- "You can never have too much headroom" (talking about bass)
- "you can never have too big a screen" (talking about still pictures)

Projector selection basics
Epson TW 2000 review

Old 05-18-08, 09:27 AM   #3
Senior Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Jim
Since: Jul 2007
Cincinnati

Are you running your video signal directly from the source to the TV, or through a receiver?

Old 05-18-08, 01:24 PM   #4
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Ahmed
Since: Aug 2006
Cairo-Egypt

Quote:
dmaciii wrote: View Post
Live pictures is still in backround and sound is good. Happens on all inputs. I do not notice any abnormal sounds coming from TV.
It looks like no receiver is in the loop.

ASME AI
Yamaha RX-V2500, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 Fronts, Wharfedale Diamond CM Center, Diamond DFS Surround and rear, Behringer FBQ 2496, Dual RL-P18s 625L LLTs, Dual TA-2400 Pro (2 * 2000 W Amp), Samsung HD870 DVD player, Carada BW 16:9 106" screen, Epson TW-2000, 60 Gb PS3
Important HT proverbs:
- "You can never have too much headroom" (talking about bass)
- "you can never have too big a screen" (talking about still pictures)

Projector selection basics
Epson TW 2000 review

Old 05-18-08, 02:09 PM   #5
dmaciii
Inactive

Cable is plugged directly to TV however I do have tv hooked up to a sony reviever.

Old 05-18-08, 05:18 PM   #6
Senior Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Jim
Since: Jul 2007
Cincinnati

OK, while I'm not a Samsung DLP repair expert, I spent quite some time looking into this particular problem. The first thing I would try is cleaning and resetting it. Reset the TV by unplugging it from the wall, and leave it unplugged while cleaning. When you're done, plug it back in and fire it up. That procedure seems to take care of the problem for some people.

I don't have access to a Samsung DLP, so I don't know the cleaning procedure for it. I'm sure it can be googled or someone here can tell you how. If you really just want to try something quick, then just reset it without cleaning (which also seems to have worked for some people).

There are apparently prolific problems with the $700 "digital board" (sounds awfully generic to me, but that seems to be the name) for this set, which also may be the problem. If it turns out that the reset/clean doesn't fix things, and no one else has any better ideas, then I would call Samsung for service. Apparently, if you tell them that you know about the frequent problems with this model's "digital board", you may get some relief from Samsung...even out-of-warranty. The key appears to be nicely (but firmly) escalating the call to their 3rd level of customer service (Executive service). They have offered help ranging from providing the part for free, part and labor for free, or offering a very good credit towards a new model. Of course, some got no relief. In this scenario, you'll still need to have it diagnosed by an Authorized service center and provide the diagnosis as "proof" that the digital board is the problem...and then insist that Samsung help you out given the circumstances that this is a well-known "issue".

Hopefully, some others (more knowledgeable than me) will chime in with additional input...but I wanted to get you started with the basic things you can do that may help. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Old 05-18-08, 07:06 PM   #7
dmaciii
Inactive

thanks! I will research it and try cleaning it. The reset does seem to work however I need to leave it unplugged for an extended period of time. Example: Last night I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in several time and was not able to get it to work. I left it unplugged all night, plugged it in this morning an it worked fine! Once it works it usually stays working for a few weeks.

Old 06-25-08, 10:00 PM   #8
acre
Inactive

I have the exact same DLP, with the exact same problem.

Have you tried the HDMI or Component inputs? When I try those the problem is different, it will go into a "freeze frame" with the sound still running, and after a few minutes it will reset itself and work for a little longer (2-10 min) and then do it again. I initially got it to work by unplugging it, and I also read somewhere else that you can do a reset by holding the power button down while unplugging it. Not sure if this is doing anything additional that just unplugging it, but the first time I tried that it worked for about a week, but now its back to the acting up.

One odd thing is that the PC (VGA) input seems to work all the time, so I have considered getting a component to VGA converter and hooking it up that way.

Any luck with getting help from Samsung? If I could get the part I would be happy, I have had it apart a few times and changing the boards doesn't look any harder than a motherboard swap on a computer.

Old 10-10-08, 12:59 PM   #9
jpnord
Inactive

I am having the same problem. PC RGB connection works fine, everything else is a green tint destorted picture. The sound is fine though. Also when I am viewing the distorted picture, the remote doesn't work very well.

Did you figure out what the problem was?

John

Old 10-10-08, 09:00 PM   #10
Senior Shackster

James
Since: Oct 2006

In looking at the troubleshooting manual, none of their examples match what you have shown. They do mention either the ICís 403 or 601 or the soldering to them (for 2 of their examples picture issues). Below is one example of how they mention the fix for one of their examples. All of their examples, if not fixed be the solder, go straight to a replacement of the DMD board.

Error in the LVDS Receiver (IC 601) or the soldering
The H sync signals are not transferred to DDP1011.
→ Replace the DMD board.

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Service | Support > Brand Specific Service Forums > Samsung »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »