Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Samsung DLP model compatibility between components?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a samsung HL-R5067W of course its broken like most others, Is there a list somewhere for compatibility of the parts like digital boards, light engines, ect. between the models?
I see free or cheap sets on craigslist all the time (not my exact model numbers) and was thinking of picking one up so I can try the parts on mine before I toss it in a dumpster.

#2 ·
Someone may have shared the service info at some point, but I doubt it. Even then it is very difficult with a Samsung. They changed production within models enough that it is very hard to know what is different even if you have access to their service web site, which only authorized servicers can get.

If you can get parts cheap enough it is worth trying in many cases. What is the problem?

#3 ·
Set won't power on, actually it powers on, lamp lights but nothing comes up on the screen, the lamp light flashes for about a minute then after another minute the lamp goes out leaving the standby light on. It does this right when I plug it in and after the standby light on I'll push the power button and it goes through the same exact routine. All ready tried a new bulb.
I don't hear the power on chime but im sure I disabled that when the TV was working. Is it suppose to try to power on when I plug it in when its been unplugged for days?

#4 ·
My guess is a bad digital board, but make sure you don't have bad tact switches on the control panel. Disconnect the control panel and see if it works with the remote. I think the remote is on a separate connector, but you might want to check that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.