Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Samsung LN40E550

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mechman 
#1 ·
Hi there,

First time poster here and I was just looking to see if anyone can give me some help about this TV. I just purchased this TV yesterday through BestBuy and it was marked as refurbished which is fine because I didn't wanna go all out and spend a lot on a brand new TV. Anyways I noticed last night that the TV has that "flashlight" effect whenever the screen goes dark but just on the bottom corners of the TV. It's really not that bad but it still bothers me because it just does lol.

Now I know it's refurbished but I was just wondering if any of you could help me with the picture settings. I know the backlight has something to do with the effect and I have that down to about 3/4 from 10. And the brightness is at about 55 and the contrast is sitting around 60/65. The energy saving mode is off. I know everyone has different eyesight's and everyone is different, but I'd appreciate if any of you could just throw out some #'s for each category if I make the backlight setting to about 0. Calibrate is the word I'm looking for. I tend to just leave everything on standard but if I could get rid of it as much as possible that would be great.

I could send it back and take advantage of the 90 days warranty but that just seems like so much of a hassle to me. lol Again it doesn't bother me but I don't want it to get worse. So if anyone could help me out that would be great! :bigsmile: Thanks!!

- Dillon

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.