Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

My Epic 12 2cu. ft. Build

Tags
12 2cu build epic ft
7K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  Dan Twomey 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
After deciding what to build I came up with the following parts list from PartsExpress,

4 x F1687 Rubber Cabinet Foot 260-777
1 x Acousta-Stuf Polyfill 1 lb. Bag 260-317
2 x Dayton Audio BPA-38G HD Binding Post 091-1245
1 x Dayton Audio 16 AWG OFC Speaker Wire 50 ft. 100-016
1 x TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-650

Fortunately for me I had enough 1" MDF leftover from another project to make the cabinet. The only tools I used for this project was my table saw with a dado blade, a cordless drill, and a router.

Here's a pic of the beginning.

Regards,
Dan

#5 ·
Briefly, I rabbetted the sides of the top and bottom pieces to accept the sides. I also rabbetted the front and back edges of all four sides to accept the front and back baffles. I also cut a 1/4" deep groove in all four sides to accept the braces.

Regards,
Dan

#13 ·
Sounds good only partially calibrated. I used the one bag of Acousta-Stuf Polyfill. I suspect that the well braced 1" MDF cabinet is fairly inert.

I've done some very rough measurements with an RS SPL meter and I do have some bad room peaks and valleys in my bass response. That's why I'm itching to take delivery of my BFD and start tinkering with REW.

Regards,
Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.