Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

the French way

Tags
french
15K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Crazyshakespeare 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share the result of a two-year adventure. It all began with this:

I've worked down there every time I could (every time my wife would let me... :whistling:)
All the electrical, structural (wood), decoration is home made... with my two little hands!

This was the 3D project of the room:

The only thing I didn't do myself is the sound system and all the electronics of course. I let my friend Romain from GKF do the sound system which is a 7.4
Here's the full family ready to be placed all around the room:

The front wall, behind the screen (375 x 160 cm, which is 12'4 x 5'3 I think) looks like this now (blue LED ribons on)

With the screen down and the LED on:

And this is the room with the lights on (2700 K LED bulbs)

Finaly the control room, behind the back wall:

This is it. Now I can enjoy !! :bigsmile:

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
I'll be a doomed!!!

anyway, here's a repost then:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share the result of a two-year adventure. It all began with this:

I've worked down there every time I could (every time my wife would let me... :whistling:)
All the electrical, structural (wood), decoration is home made... with my two little hands!

This was the 3D project of the room:

The only thing I didn't do myself is the sound system and all the electronics of course. I let my friend Romain from GKF do the sound system which is a 7.4
Here's the full family ready to be placed all around the room:

The front wall, behind the screen (375 x 160 cm, which is 12'4 x 5'3 I think) looks like this now (blue LED ribons on)

With the screen down and the LED on:

And this is the room with the lights on (2700 K LED bulbs)

Finaly the control room, behind the back wall:

This is it. Now I can enjoy !! :bigsmile:

#16 ·
They are all GKF.
The sound's really just amazing. I re-discover the sound in about all movies!
Sometimes, just for fun, I compare what I've heard down there to what it sounds on TV... most of the time you just don't hear anything.

The most flagrant example was in Oblivion: when he tries to come out of the library (@ ~19 min) and the cable brakes. On TV you just hear a little boomie of the broken cable. In the theater (with those amazing four 12" SUBs) you get a wide and deep BOOOOOOoooom that last 10 seconds or so and makes your gut blend :eek:

#20 · (Edited)
Thanx guys,

Here's a bit of history then!
The main structure is wood. I used 2*4 sticks. This structure has been complitely uncoupled from the concrete structure of the house with rubber padding. Over here we call that principle : "box in the box". Because I've created a whole new volume uncoupled from the existing one. Even the OSB floor stand on rubber padds.

Here's the front of the structure. You can see the air duct: fresh air coming from outside through a sound killer box:

Back of the room. There's the platform for the back row. Again 2*4 structure on rubber padds. You can also spot the 4 cases for the surrounds.

There is the electonics shelves. OSB structure, 10" each which leaves enough room for I need.

The switchboard completed. On the lower row there is two Chacon modules to control the lighting of the room with a remote control.

This is the view of the platform with all the glass wool in the walls. I used a wintering sail (for trees) to keep the wool coming out.

Same view with the OSB floor:

Front wall with a white sheet for tests:

Starting the acoustic ceiling : Rockfon Color-All with X-system which hides the supporting structure (a real pain in the donkey :sweat: but the result is spectacular)

Ceiling in place

Starting the side panel (acoustic deflectors)

Deflectors filled with glass wool

Pillars for speackers in the front wall. Theye're made of concrete blocks, on steel plates that are layed on acoustic panels (all in all these 5 babies weight around 1,300kg!!! :eek:)... again: uncoupling to lower the tansmission of sound to the rest of the house!

Front wall filled in with glass wool and ready to get the speackers in !

Black carpet in place. 7-hour-job since I decided to keep it in one piece from the front wall to the end of the control room!!!! Was worth it, again very nice result!

Aluminum step corners and all couchs in place.

Cable sleeving, because I like it nice from A to Z!

Side pannels (deflectors) getting cover with MDF pannels and black fabric.

My source: a home made PC (intel core i7 6700K, 16Go of RAM, ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP extreme core edition, Blu-Ray, etc.)

The front wall covered in black fabric and the screen fram ready to get its white canvas (cine-screen Reference 4K)
The two little speackers ar small SONY I used for a month or two, waiting for the real ones to come :))

Schroeder's panel getting done then with the coat on:

Speackers getting done too (thanx to Romain, from GKF, I got to get a peack to this part that you usually don't)
L C and R

surrounds

Subwoofers

Surrounds in place

And finally a bit of deco, the theater entrance!

#25 ·
Looks great, excellent craftsmanship too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.