The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 27 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #261 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 03:27 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System
Re: The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

The only one "yet!" They are still a solid contendor for my planned upcoming purchace. I am very much looking forward to hearing how they preform plugged & closer to the wall.

It may be that I have to try & put together a shoot out in my room...if I can get a little help from some friends that is .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

You are more than welcome to borrow them for a few weeks. You just have to be sure to take care of them like there were your first born... and second... and third... etc.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #263 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 04:15 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

There are some very good speaker choices here and I am looking forward to this comparison. I found the last speaker comparison very interesting and many of the comments informative. I find this type of comparison helpful and am looking forward to this one especially. I expect the price point here to be enough to result is some very strong performance. I may be looking in this range or a little higher before too long and your impressions may help my search.

HTS is a great community. Keep up the good work.
post #264 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 04:46 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

I am surprised with Klipsch stand on not being involved in this audition. It makes me not so interested towards recommending them in the future. What are they hiding?

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #265 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 04:57 PM
Senior Shackster

bundini

My System

Sonnie, my LCR A5s are sounding even better now that I know you bought the pair and would hold their own against the $2500 group.
Cheers Jeff
post #266 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 06:35 PM
Senior Shackster

vann_d

My System

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time evaluating these speakers! Those Emerald Physics look really interesting. I've never had the chance to listen to dipole speakers before so I'll be interested to read how they compare.

I recall seeing a video about Harman's listening tests they use when evaluating speakers. Some interesting stuff on this blog...

http://seanolive.blogspot.com/2012/1...sting-lab.html

Also check out the "how to listen" software. I had some fun with it but the free version gets a little old hearing the same song over and over and over...
post #267 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 06:45 PM
Senior Shackster

natetg57

I look forward to hearing the observations of the listeners. I'm glad that this is a comparison and not a shootout. I'm sure all of the speakers will sound excellent. It is nice though to hear about differing characteristics between the different brands and designs. I personally love the sound of my Ascend Sierra 1's and can't wait to upgrade them to Sierra 2's or Ascend Towers. I also try to remember that other people have different priorities and preferences than me.
post #268 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 07:59 PM
Senior Shackster

In the past shoot of we discussed using a mono track. Has there been any discussion of this among your testers?
post #269 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Not that I am aware of, as I don't really see any benefit with it, although I remember Wayne saying he would have a mono track on stand by.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #270 of 1075 Old 10-21-13, 08:28 PM
Shackster
saabman

This sounds like a hoot!! Sure wish I could be a fly on the wall listening. I'm sure you guys will all have a great time. Must say I haven't really listened to any other speakers since I got my Dynaudio towers about 10 years ago. I know mine like lots of power -- Parasound 2003A (300 wpc)-- and I'm really interested to see how all the testers report on their observations. For music, I really like female vocals and instrumentals on my Dynaudios.

Picked up a Proceed AVP2 in the last year and still getting it integrated into my current htpc system, which uses OpenELEC clients connected to a VMware server running a virtual win7/WMC (with the new XBMC server add-on) talking to a HD Homerun Prime with Comcast cable.

Good luck!!